Last year I've purchased a D840 and the performance kit.
From one day to the next (a few days ago) , homing gives an error on the y axis, activating the non-resettable signal (ext e-stop triggered) with the "reset" button.
I checked the operation of the limit switches "by hand".
For the x axis everything is OK: by pressing the switch, in "diagnostic" the I12 indicator turns green, and the six central indicators (X-Y-Z limit -, X-Y-Z home) turn green.
If I press “x”’s "home" button, the machine works fine: it reaches the limit, and withdraws 3-4 mm.
For the z axis everything is OK: by pressing the switch, in "diagnostic" the I12 indicator turns green, and the six central indicators (X-Y-Z limit -, X-Y-Z home) turn green.
If I press “z”’s "home" button, the machine works fine: it reaches the limit, and withdraws 3-4 mm.
For the y axis everything is OK: by pressing the two switches in the same time, in "diagnostic" the I12 indicator turns green, and the six central indicators (X-Y-Z limit -, X-Y-Z home) turn green.
So , IMHO there isn’t any mechanical malfunction.
If I press “y”’s "home" button, the machine doesn’t work fine: it moves 4-5 mm and then stops, with “reset” blinking, and with no action possible If I don’t press the emergency button to reset.
This malfunction occurs very far from the “y” limit switches, so I was wondering if I could do something with parameters or coords.
What other checks can I do?
Thanks in advance
Antonio Visconti