584,812 active members*
5,404 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Drilling- and Milling Machines > Robodrill X axis refusing to relearn

Robodrill X axis refusing to relearn

So I’ve just got this Fanuc Robodrill after it’s sat for years, after powering it up, I got alarms for battery and all 3 axes needing to relearn home position. Replaced battery, powered off and back on, that solved the battery alarms, but now trying to relearn the axis positions, I got Y and Z to cooperate rather easily, but each time I try X I manually move to the position, with the two diamonds aligned, and hit the soft key 3x as instructed, and after the third press of the soft key it moves (negative) in X until it hits the hard limit and alarms due to servo over torque. I’ve repeated the process multiple times, with the same result. Do I have a bad limit switch or something? Searched the forum and google several times with nothing quite matching my needs. Thanks!

Re: Robodrill X axis refusing to relearn

Well disaster averted. After 10 or so failed attempts, I took apart the encoder and just looked to see if it needed cleaning or something, was clean as a whistle, but after reassembling, resetting the axis zero worked on the first try, so must have been just a bad connection at the plug… got off lucky I guess, but hopefully this experience helps someone else.