I'm a new cnc router hobbyist trying to learn how to run my diy cnc router with Mach3 cnc program , Inkscape cad and Makercam cam program.
I have an issue with sizing, I use mostly clip art images in Inkscape to make svg files, Makercam to generate g-code then I load g-code into Mach 3 program to run my diy cnc router. I use very simple clip art to learn from.
I have a problem with sizing, I use inch measurements with all my programs, when I create svg image in Inkscape to a specific size then import the image into Makercam to generate g-code, then I run the g-code with Mach 3 router, the size of the image that is cut is way smaller than I originality created in Inkscape.

The last image I made from web clip art site was 555px x 493px, Loaded that image into Inkscape to create an svg image with a size of 6 in. x 5 in.
Then I imported the svg file into Makercam, the image size on the Makercam grid was 5.25 in. x 6.125.
I then cut the image with my cnc router and the resulting image size was 1.25 in. x 1.125 in.

Makercam grid scale is set to inches, Inkscape scale is set to inches Mach 3 is set to inches. and the clip art is a jpeg image in pixles.
I would buy a cad/cam program if I could afford it, but, the cost of Mach 3 did me in.

I would appreciate any comments with a possible solution to my problem.