585,670 active members*
4,725 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Unhappy Km3p Ultimax 2

Hello everyone,
    Can anyone tell me where I can get technical info / scematics for the ultimax 2 control on a KM3P Knee Mill. My machine boots up normally and the configuration is OK. When I go to the manual screen it displays X Y and Z machine positions as 2580mm on all 3. Max travel on the X is only about 600mm. If I then select calibrate machine it homes all axis normally but the machine position registers all seem to overflow and display only *******. I bought this mill non functional ,the pcb,s had been removed and the dip switch settings are probably wrong. There are 4 on the Memory board and 2 on the personality board.Can anyone please help with info on switch settings or offer advise regarding the position displays.
    Many thanks in advance
    Bertie

Sorry I can't help you with your request but you could try and contact Hurco Tech support and see if they can help you. Their number is (in the US) 317-293-5309. They will ask for your model # and serial#. Good Luck.

Thanks GCMAN, If I get it running I,ll post the details, might help someone else

Hurco KM3P

The problem is with the memory backup of your leadscrew comp files contact me at WWW.PITTCNC.COM and i'll tell you how to fix it.

pghcncman is on the right track. the memory board is probably where you should start. the boards were built with four chips called dallas ram that stored the programs and configuration, including the leadscrew mapping. these degrade over time. the "newer" versions of the boards have different chips on board and battery backups. you could have either one. if you start up the machine and get it running, chances are good that you will have the same problem if you turn it off for any length of time. if you need the switch settings, give me a call and i'll try to e-mail you a copy of the settings for your machine. be aware that the settings on the dual axis boards possibly determine the leadsrew mapping depending on your software rev and how it is configured. these settings may be causing an issue also. ron 207-610-6074

My thanks to Ron Meyer and pghcncman for the replies. I have the MM8800 memory board with battery back up and version 8.61p software.I eventualy got the *642* access code to let me manually input the X and Y leadscrew map.The machine know runs OK except for one problem. If I jog into the + or - Z limits at any speed Above 400 mpm an estop occurs and requires a servo reset to jog away. The x and y axis are OK. After homing the machine the Z pos displays ****** but after part set up the display is normal.
    Ron can you please email any help,switch settings etc.
    Many thanks [email protected]

Hurco km-3p

I have a problem with my hurco km-3p milling machine. When i run a program, it doesn't turn on the coolant, even if the COOLANT option in "TOOL SETUP" is turned ON ( FLOOD ). What could be the reason?

Ok. So... I fixed the problem with the coolant. The tubes were bottomed and after cleaning them, it works ok.

How can i change from INCH to METRIC messurement, on a Hurco km-3p milling machine?

Press auxilliary key.....Softkey change editor....soft key inch or metric....

hi/all

I have HURCO km3 max2 and can not calibrate error message is SERVO FOULT

I'll pay good money for help and/or service manual
    Best regards, Mike

Email is [email protected]

Servo Fault is most likely a bad or dirty motor. Depending on your servo amp system you will need to disconnect the motor and take an OHM reading on the armature. Your reading should be OPEN but will most likely show some OHM's. A reading in the Meg OHM range should not result in a servo error but anything below will. You also may have a faulty amp or Dual Axis board. Another problem is you may need to adjust the servo amp, you can download the setup proceedure at www.amtsinc.com under support.

ltr

Hurco KM-3 with Ultimax 2 Controller

Hi,

I recently picked up a Hurco KM-3 with Ultimax 2 controller. It worked fine at first, but this is what I get now:
    First screen at start-up says "Executing Power Up Diagnostics" (normal), but the next screen it goes to is not normal. It is the "Machine Configuration" screen, which states the maximum travel for the axes in mm.
    I found a note with the manuals that said if this happens to press Enter 639 Enter, then press 0 Enter, then press softkey 8 "Exit", then press Enter 999 Enter. I did this when it happened a couple of days ago and the machine reset and everything was fine. Today, those codes do not work. One difference between today and before is that at the "Machine Configuration" screen, the parameters for the max. travels are all at "-0.03mm", where before they were somewhere around 650mm for X, ~ 225mm for Y and ~ 127mm for Z.

If you know of any "magic codes" or anything I can try, it would be greatly appreciated. Also, if you know of what might be causing this, please let me know.
    Thank you....

Hi pghcncman ,
    I have lead screw comp problem in my hurco km3p ultimax 2 please help I have put new srams in place of Dallas chips and also have put three batteries in the slots . you can mail me on spectrum dot valves at yahoo dot com.

Quote Originally Posted by pghcncman View Post
    The problem is with the memory backup of your leadscrew comp files contact me at HugeDomains.com - PittcNc.com is for sale (Pittc Nc) and i'll tell you how to fix it.
    Dear pghcncman,
    I have the same problem will you help me out I have km3p ultimax2 knee mill.please mail me on spectrum.valves @ yahoo dot com.