584,800 active members*
4,717 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Exclamation Licence problem under Linux (TNG)

Hallo all,
    I have Mk3 with TNG running fine on Win10 based PC. I also run LinuxCNC on the same PC (dual boot) and since every Win10 update brings some "unexpected issues", I would like to switch to Linux permanently and run TNG under Linux as well.
    After installing TNG to Linux Debian 9 (Preempt kernel), importing profile from Win10 all starts fine and Mk3 is detected. Anyhow, immediately after I click on "home" the dialogs pop-up saying I have some license issue. After reboot to Win10 it works without issues, so it cannot be cable or HW issue...

Any idead what might cause that problem?
    thx, vlado

Re: Licence problem under Linux (TNG)

Hello.

Just a comment for whatever it´s worth.

While I don´t favor Windows it has certain functional advantages over other systems.

In your case, it is possible to disable Automatic Update. It´s been some time since I did it on my machines but you can find a lot of videos on the subject in Youtube.

I hope this helps.

Regards.

Re: Licence problem under Linux (TNG)

thanks, I post the result of the problem solution for somebody who could search in the past for similar issue/symptoms.

after lots of investigation and great help from PlanetCNC support I found out the cause. Crazy to find becuase everything worked charming in Win10 on the some PC (NUC), but for whatever reason under Linux sometimes I got license problems in TNG, which otherwise worked fine. After swaping PC and reinstalls the cause was found in faulty SSD drive in previous NUC. The drive worked fine in Windows just under Linux behave kind of strange or erratic, it seems HW error as after reinstall it behaves the some...
    After swap to new SSD now TNG works fine under both Win10 and Debian10.
    regadrs, vlado