584,866 active members*
4,839 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > DeskCNC Controller Board > Chinese 6-axis breakout board DR-ISOL4XM3-CS - Help!

Chinese 6-axis breakout board DR-ISOL4XM3-CS - Help!

Hi!

I ask for help if anyone here has already used this board, as I searched a lot but didn't find more detailed references on how to connect the stepper motor drivers on it.

I acquired it about 6 years ago on ebay, but I didn't go ahead with the project at the time, and today I can't find any more references about it.

The only thing I got was a very limited PDF, attached.

Thanks if anyone knows and can help.

Peço ajuda caso alguém aqui já tenha usado essa placa, pois pesquisei bastante mas não encontrei referências mais detalhadas de como ligar os drivers de motor de passo nela.

Adquiri faz uns 6 anos pelo ebay, mas não dei andamento ao projeto na época, e hoje não encontro mais referências sobre.

A única coisa que consegui foi um PDF bem limitado, anexo.

Agradeço caso alguém conheça e puder ajudar
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WhatsApp Image 2022-02-24 at 18.28.06.jpg   WhatsApp Image 2022-02-24 at 18.28.06 (1).jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Re: Chinese 6-axis breakout board DR-ISOL4XM3-CS - Help!

Hi,
    that looks like a plain parallel port breakout board, there is no micro-controller or FPGA that would indicate that its a motion controller.

Am I right in assuming you are running Mach3 and the parallel port driver/motion controller? If so have you installed it on a PC, noting that it will only run on a 32 bit
    machine with Windows 7 or Windows XP?.

Craig

Re: Chinese 6-axis breakout board DR-ISOL4XM3-CS - Help!

As Craig says. It's a Parallel breakout board not a motion controller.
    32bit WinXP or Win7 on pc with a Parallel port is needed.
    Or it can plug into an external motion controller such as the ESS or UC400eth for use with 64bit.

P1 is your analog 0-10v. Jumper changes setting to either use 0-10v output pins, or P1 for a pwm type signal out instead
    P2-9 are your 4 axis outputs
    P14 is extra output. Jumper for either relay or terminal use, for example a pump.
    P16,17 are more extra outputs. Jumpers for either the other 2 relays or terminal use for a 5th axis.

Generally you set these types up as:
    P2- X pul
    P3- X dir
    P4- Y pul
    P5- Y dir
    P6- Z pul
    P7- Z dir
    P8- A pul (4th or slave)
    P9- A dir (4th or slave)
    Then program these into your cnc software.
    The pul / dir pins above connect to the -ve pul/dir on the stepper drivers.
    Then the pul / dir +ve on the drivers all go to the +5v pin on the board (in between P7 & P9).
    If using enbl on the drivers I'd use P14 going to all enbl -ve and then all enbl +ve go to 5v+ pin.

USB is solely to supply the board it's 5v power for the isolators on all the outputs. Can also power with separate supply in the other 5v+/GND next to P1 if not wanting to use usb

24v power supply is also needed to power the relays, inputs, and 0-10v output.

It's setup is very similar to this:
    https://warp9td.com/images/BOB_Vendo...line/ST-V2.pdf
    Except for the relays/jumpers.