584,879 active members*
5,240 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

CNC Masters software error

Hi all,

I have a CNC Supra mill that was purchased a month ago. It has been churning out parts merrily until this evening. I think it is a problem with the CNC Masters software.

When I run the trace function through a new program typed in the conversational code with the controller on (but spindle off), it runs it just as it ought.

When I press the "Go" function for the machining to begin, the program runs consistently by omitting the first command from every call routine, effectively putting the milled features .1563" out of place along the Y-axis...and ends the entire program on a zero other than the one set at the beginning of the program.

This is really infuriating. Any suggestions are welcome.

-- Nicole

cnc masters

hi nicole

Have you used the draw feature to check the program graphically?

paul

Hi, Paul,

Yes, it "draws" the process exactly as it should be. It, however, does not machine it as it draws it.

-- Nicole

Quote Originally Posted by pmesilver View Post
    hi nicole

Have you used the draw feature to check the program graphically?

paul

cnc masters

hi nicole

I have a cnc junior,which i usually program with bobcad.I am not sure why your controller is behaving this way.Maybe the following points are useful.

Do you use line numbers in your program?
    make sure the syntax of the code is correct, spaces etc.
    can you use gcode instead of the conversational code?, might help.

possibly shutting down and restarting the program.

all shots in the dark, hope it helps.

you could contact Omar at CNCMasters he is always extremely helpful.

regards
    Paul

Yeah, Paul, I intend to contact Omar, or at least try to. It's Saturday here, so he may not open shop until Monday....and we need to be back up making parts today!!

I reviewed the code extensively myself and with another person. We could find no errors...and yes, I am using line numbers.

I've tried several times opening and closing the program...doing all sorts of things...and nothing has helped as of yet.

Thanks for your suggestions, however.

-- Nicole

Quote Originally Posted by pmesilver View Post
    hi nicole

I have a cnc junior,which i usually program with bobcad.I am not sure why your controller is behaving this way.Maybe the following points are useful.

Do you use line numbers in your program?
    make sure the syntax of the code is correct, spaces etc.
    can you use gcode instead of the conversational code?, might help.

possibly shutting down and restarting the program.

all shots in the dark, hope it helps.

you could contact Omar at CNCMasters he is always extremely helpful.

regards
    Paul

cnc masters

nicole
    just a thought, can you confirm that a previous program that you have used before runs correctly.This may confirm that the program is at fault and not the controller!

I had a range check error on my machine once, that would not go away.Omar instructed me to shut down the program, and navigate to where windows stores the program( usually the programs folder in C: drive) open the CNC MASTERS folder and delete the config file( i dont actually remember the exact name of the file , but there is only one.)The Masters software creates this file when it runs.This will effectively reset the software.
    You might try this if you dare, I would suggest you could reinstall the software if this dos'nt work.

hope this helps.

Paul

Hi paul i was hoping you might help me with a programming issue with my cnc masters mill?? New to the forem and not sure how to create my own thread so sorry if this is bad form

Quote Originally Posted by Mwilson808 View Post
    Hi paul i was hoping you might help me with a programming issue with my cnc masters mill?? New to the forem and not sure how to create my own thread so sorry if this is bad form
    I have a CNC Masters Baron XL that I have upgraded with their latest hardware which allowed me to run their latest software.
    That said, I use the mill with a lot of success not daily, but weekly. I mill from aluminum to 4140. So I can probably help anyone with questions that you have about the machine.
    Also, if you have actual support from CNC Masters, call or email Omar. He is absolutely fantastic and over the years has been the reason I stuck with them.
    So, I really like the machine and HIGHLY recommend them. Plus, they have now introduced a number of new models. The new software now has “wizards” which allow you to do the common operations in a simple easy to understand way. Software also will draw the part and if you pistons start from the drawing, it actually will show you the prigress on the drawing. Most impressive! It also accurately shows how long your program has been running and the total time required. (Just doing Te draw function will tell you how long a part takes).
    Richard Morris
    Honda600performance.com