Trying to get some feedback from owners of the Epilog Mini 24. I current own the blue/gray laser from eBay and it had worked well but am looking to upgrade to something better plus I want to get rid of the whole water aspect. A few things I have questions around and don't expect all questions to be answered but any feedback is appreciated.

1. Cutting - I do mostly engraving but trying to figure out if the Mini 24 30 watt could cut through 1/4" MDF in a single pass. My current 50w ebay cannot.

2. Software - I used Lightburn currently and has been very user friendly. I know Corel works with Epilog. Would that be the recommended software or is there a better one. Lightburn allows me to build templates and then just open that and send to machine. Not sure if the Epilog way is as simple.

3. Heatburn - with stuff I engrave I will use a med to high tack tape and I still manage to get heatburn or residue that I need to sand off. I don't expect that to go away but was wondering if I could assume to deal with it less frequent.

Outside of that I know it may be like night and day going from an eBay laser to Epilog. I wanted to stay away from the Zing's and not sure I want to hit the 20k mark for the Helix.