584,841 active members*
4,866 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Dynomotion/Kflop/Kanalog > Kmotion CNC Jog buttons axis in the wrong direction

Kmotion CNC Jog buttons axis in the wrong direction

Hello,

Has anyone run into this same issue? I have a 3 axis CNC knee mill so the table moves around the cutter (as opposed to a 3d printer or a router where the head/cutter moves around the part) and I cant get the jog buttons to not only move my table in the correct direction, but also count in the correct direction, ie: left buttons move the table to the left and count in the + direction. I have tried combinations of the following: changing the input & output gain, reversing the motor and tach wires, and changing the counts/inch in the trajectory planner screen from a positive to a negative.
    I have tried setting up a custom GIU but I am not able to change the movement direction on the jog buttons. I could just swap their positions but then the arrows will be pointing the wrong direction and with no way to change the direction of the arrow I think that would be even more confusing. I understand when the table on a knee mill is moving to the left (while looking at the part from the front), technically the cutter is going in the + direction. But holy cow is that confusing when you are trying to carefully zero on the edge of a part. Am I missing something? is there a setting for specifying the type of machine you are running? Thanks in advance for any and all replies!

Re: Kmotion CNC Jog buttons axis in the wrong direction

Hi Evan,

You are correct that is by design. The right button should always move + and the tool to the right relative to the part regardless of machine configuration. I just imagine I'm moving the tool.

If you still feel differently as you said you can use the screen editor to swap the button positions. You can also change the button graphics to be opposite.
    TK
    http://dynomotion.com

Hey Tom,

Thanks for the quick reply. That is kind of what I figured, but I wanted to be sure. Would you just go download a couple arrow graphics and use those? Simply because the stock button doesn't seem to use an image file so I can't just swap them around.

Hi Evan,

If you select a bitmap it will override the default image.

The images are in \PC VC Examples\KMotionCNC\res as Left.bmp, Right.bmp, Up.bmp and Down.bmp.

HTH
    TK
    http://dynomotion.com

Found them! Thank you for all of your help Tom. I really appreciate it!