584,798 active members*
4,334 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Mori Seiki Machines > Mori Seiki lathes > NL2000MC/500 Mitsubishi Controls (Setting Ladder Bits Off/On)

Unhappy NL2000MC/500 Mitsubishi Controls (Setting Ladder Bits Off/On)

Hello All
    I am new to this site.
    We bought some used NL2000's from a local Factory. Here is the sequence they were set up for orginally.
    1. Auto door is open and operator loads the work piece into the headstock chuck.
    2. Operator actuates cycle start switch.
    3. Auto door closes.
    4. Tool turret indexes to position that holds the work piece pusher.
    5. All axis moves to position the work pusher against the work piece in the headstock chuck to make sure the work piece is properly seated.
    6. Head stock chuck closes.
    7. All axis move to a clear position
    8. Machining cycle begins.
    Currently the ladder will not allow the cycle start signal to go to the CNC control unless the chuck is open.We need to change to allow the operator to load the part and actuate the headstock chuck to clamp the part then cycle start, door would close then machining would begin. There is a foot switch that the operator would actuate to make the chuck close.
    I found in the ladder where this option is available and know which bits need to be turned off/on to make the machine function the way we need it to but can not figure out how to change the bit status.
    I am hoping someone out there will know how to do this and share it with me.
    Thanks In Advance for your consideration.

Re: NL2000MC/500 Mitsubishi Controls (Setting Ladder Bits Off/On)

...sounds like the ID/OD chucking Lockout is set wrong.

Re: NL2000MC/500 Mitsubishi Controls (Setting Ladder Bits Off/On)

Thank You for your feedback. I will look into that.