585,902 active members*
4,006 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > CNC "do-it-yourself" > Milli a new composite mill kit
Page 75 of 106 2565737475767785
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 2105

Re: Milli a new composite mill kit

Hi All - since Milli is intended for composites this seems useful. Peter

https://www.compositesworld.com/arti...dium+Rectangle

Hi All - Does anyone know if an entire thread can be saved as a pdf? The thread tools can save a page but not the lot? Petr

That would be a handy feature.

Hi All- There's some granite going cheap in Georgia. Peter

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Guidestones

Hi Pete, did you ever find a way to save a thread to PDF file?

Hi Jayne - unfortunately no. I can download it 20 pages a ta time to pdf then in a pdf application consolidate the many pages into one. Thinking about doing it for the brevis thread... Peter

How do you get 20 pages at a time? All I found was “Show printable version” in the Thread Tools menu but that just gives the current page in a text only format with no photos. I’d like to do it for my own build thread. There is a lot of good info which would be helpful during my build and it will be easier to find that information in a single file rather than scanning through many forum pages.

Hi Jayne- The printable version can only print one page at a time. So you have to print 20 or whatever individual pages then use a pdf consolidator to bring them into one file. Peter

A compact machine you can walk inside of…..love it!!!

It really highlights the difference between the clout of a hobby builder and a properly industrial machine...I always want to build my stuff big and heavy, but for a garage shop, it is often a poor life choice practically...

Hi Luke - I recommend you always, Think BIG - live LARGE. Peter

Hi All - I have reviewed the thread and thought through what I want for the next machine in the fleet. I need to machine composite gantries and long parts. This requires a long machine like the Mori Seiki config I keep coming back to. I think it will be mainly laminated aluminium/ plywood and some concrete or carbon fibre parts. Its going to be called Lanky and I have started sketching it out. Milli the thread has become diffused and I think after Lanky I shall start on the Robot called Milli-IRB. Fusion 360 has a robot post processor so when I get familiar with Fusion I will be able to go down that path. Just need more time everyday... Peter

Afternoon All - Its been a long time since I can put some effort into my development projects. The flood early this year really knocked the steam out of so many things. But seems I'm getting back to a position where I can attend to stuff on my project bench. I have knocked over nearly all of the 3rd party stuff I do so can get back to Milli or at least its material. The CF test coupon slab has been sitting on the bench since late last year. Today I sliced up some aluminium to use as tabs on the test coupons and epoxied them on. Now I can cut that panel up into test coupons and get them to the lab for modulus testing!! Its in the oven overnight and I'll slice up tomorrow...

I have been playing with a river casting resin that takes 24hrs to get tacky then 24hrs to get gummy then 24hrs to get soft and then 24hrs to get hard. Then more time to get fully cured. It is super runny and seeps through small crevices and under masking tape. Will be ideal for some of the carbon parts I envisage, as some CF's do not wet out even under vacuum. I wet out the job then stick it in a 30deg oven (our honey warmer) so its hard overnight. 3 days in the oven and its super hard, sands really well. Onward to composite parts... Peter
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails coupon 3.jpg  

How much did the Luciclear cost you? Seems to be pretty expensive from a quick search.
    7xCNC.com - CNC info for the minilathe (7x10, 7x12, 7x14, 7x16)

Hi Pippin - Yep its expensive. probably the most $$$ I've seen in a liquid epoxy. Bought it from the supplier off the web price list. I'm speaking to other manufacturers to see if they have similar yet cheaper. I really like it as a timber finish. Rag it on thin and it seeps in and finishes flush like shellac. experimenting with that as well. I looked at it some time ago and flagged it because of cost. But the Menshed bought some for a cast slab test and I got the leftovers.... Been interesting stuff. Peter

Morning all - Pulled the sample out of the oven this morning and dressed off the epoxy squeeze out. Now to slice into coupons and off to the lab. Most CF makers around the planet are doubling their capacity and there are some CF startups around the world as well. China is making lots of fibre as well, but the price won't come down due to the set-up costs and huge demand. Military demand for drones alone is making Toray USA double its plant capacity for T1100 fibre. This is the sort of modulus I want for making machine parts. Perhaps I can recycle old drone parts... Peter
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails carbon.jpg  

Hi Peter,
    I find wiping the blood off the recycled drones parts to be rather more than I can handle

Craig

Hi All - The coupons are made and I've sent the request to the lab. Been a year since they offered to test FOC so need to check the offer is still good! Those PCB - corn cob cutters make a lot of dust! Peter

Afternoon all and sundry - called the lab today and they still want to test so I put the coupons on courier today. Will keep y'all informed. Peter

Page 75 of 106 2565737475767785