543,653 active members*
2,197 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > CNC "do-it-yourself" > Milli a new composite mill kit
Page 55 of 55 545535455
Results 1,081 to 1,088 of 1088

Re: Milli a new composite mill kit

Evening all you motley lot - Well we have been discussing casting machine parts and Elon has been very busy building the biggest pressure casting machine in the world. Tesla cast the entire rear and front of a car in one go.... a great muse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQfKZ5lo9dc

Time for some ZZZZ's Peter

Apropos casting, here's a tiny mill. I wonder if those cast part are sold anywhere...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pDIDcBB81s

Hi Ard - They look like fabrications more then castings? Been busy getting bits finished on my workshop so it can be signed off. Today I get various bits done for the washroom & sewer... May get onto Plank2 next week... Peter

Morning All - been busy building the washroom for my workshop while waiting for Scoot the routers structural parts..... My thoughts have come back to Milli. Has anyone experience with G-Penny spindles? They claim "milling" steel but this maybe engraving? Prices seem to be good, Peter

Quote Originally Posted by peteeng View Post
    Morning All - been busy building the washroom for my workshop while waiting for Scoot the routers structural parts..... My thoughts have come back to Milli. Has anyone experience with G-Penny spindles? They claim "milling" steel but this maybe engraving? Prices seem to be good, Peter
    Depends which one, they are one of the best spindles out there, I have a 2pole G-Penny and it performs very well, but there 4pole with the steel inner housing should be able to cut steel ok with the right conditions, speeds feeds and how rigid the mounting of the work piece and the machine is

The 2 pole inner housing is aluminum so would not be as rigid as the steel inner housing spindle so for the money they are a good buy, ceramic bearings as well if you want which is the best choice for any of these spindles
    Mactec54

Thks Mactec - I was looking at their "metal" spindle 1.5kW ER16. Would like a square body version for Milli but round is fine... There's a couple of videos on the net showing 1.5kW spindles cutting steel quite well. But aluminium will be the main metal cut I think in this class of machine.... Peter

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...36e241bdDygosn

Quote Originally Posted by peteeng View Post
    Thks Mactec - I was looking at their "metal" spindle 1.5kW ER16. Would like a square body version for Milli but round is fine... There's a couple of videos on the net showing 1.5kW spindles cutting steel quite well. But aluminium will be the main metal cut I think in this class of machine.... Peter

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...36e241bdDygosn
    Yes that spindle is really only good for engraving it may be able to do light cutting in steel but it is 2 Pole so won't have the torque at the lower speeds to cut steel
    Mactec54

Hi All- There is a fabricated steel truss mill (triangulated steel tube moving table) in the forum somewhere and I can't find it! I've looked at its videos a couple of times but when you want it you can't find it!! It has a 1.5kW high speed spindle and quotes the feed rates and speeds etc of it cutting steel. Anyone have a clue to where it is? Peter

Registered

https://youtu.be/Klk6T1IBowU

Is that the machine you are talking about?
    7xCNC.com - CNC info for the minilathe (7x10, 7x12, 7x14, 7x16)

Hi Pippin - Yes that's the one thanks. I want to ask him what spindle he's using...Peter

Looked at the thread its old. he just says its an air cooled chinese spindle bought on ebay....

Page 55 of 55 545535455