584,858 active members*
4,375 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Modifying FANUC date , always keep saying Write protect
Page 1 of 2 12

Unhappy Modifying FANUC date , always keep saying Write protect

Dear all
    my CNC mill machine lock message came on since the beginning of this month, and I am totally unable to operate it any more. It always refers me to contact the dealer of the machine
    I thought to bring back the date to a date earlier than the date it brought this message into view, but when I try to modify the date , I always face a write protect message even if l entered the PMC password
    I thought also to modify the ladder program using Fanuc ladder III program, but I lost inside the code due to not knowing the correct parameter to modify.
    my controller is "Fanuc Oi-MF Plus" series with version "D4G3-06.0"
    Machine is "SINO VMC1060B"
    you may find some more information in the attached screen shots

thanks in advance for reply

Re: Modifying FNUC date , always keep saying Write protect

Do you have a key lock on the control you have turned by accident?

No I don't, because I was able to change the parameter write field from 0 to 1 , but it is useless

You try to modify parameter. if you can't modify parameter then your machine may password protect. you contact to machine manufacturer.

Quote Originally Posted by tuanpq View Post
    You try to modify parameter. if you can't modify parameter then your machine may password protect. you contact to machine manufacturer.
    That's why i am here to know if it is possible to modify the machine without consulting the manufacturer, if it is not possible to modify the parameters Via the controller, is it possible to modify the parameters file then upload the modified file to the controller or not ? and what is the process for uploading

Quote Originally Posted by a_mostafa View Post
    Dear all
    my CNC mill machine lock message came on since the beginning of this month, and I am totally unable to operate it any more. It always refers me to contact the dealer of the machine
    I thought to bring back the date to a date earlier than the date it brought this message into view, but when I try to modify the date , I always face a write protect message even if l entered the PMC password
    I thought also to modify the ladder program using Fanuc ladder III program, but I lost inside the code due to not knowing the correct parameter to modify.
    my controller is "Fanuc Oi-MF Plus" series with version "D4G3-06.0"
    Machine is "SINO VMC1060B"
    you may find some more information in the attached screen shots

thanks in advance for reply
    What do you mean you lost inside the code?
    Do you knkw how to use fanuc ladder 3? Can you see the ladder logic on the machine with just ladder monitor or have they blocked it out?

That's why i am here to know if it is possible to modify the machine without consulting the manufacturer, if it is not possible to modify the parameters Via the controller, is it possible to modify the parameters file then upload the modified file to the controller or not ? and what is the process for uploading
    No company sells machine to you but only uses a period of time and then locks your machine by setting a password.

Quote Originally Posted by bill4807 View Post
    What do you mean you lost inside the code?
    Do you knkw how to use fanuc ladder 3? Can you see the ladder logic on the machine with just ladder monitor or have they blocked it out?
    i have extracted the LAD file and i am able to modify it with both FANUC Ladder III application, and on the FANUC touchscreen itself, but as i described before i dont know the parameter of the date or time to modify inside the ladder code

No company sells machine to you but only uses a period of time and then locks your machine by setting a password.
    yes, that's apparently what's happening with me, so any ideas to modify the date to get away from that CNC Lock Screen ???

dear hi
    we have amada pega 345 king with 58 st and 2 AI , fanuc 6 controller , made at 1986,the machine lost all memory, we have not parameters , pc parameters and diagnuse files , locking for same this type machine to copy all parameters, pls how can help?

Cool Re: Modifying FNUC date , always keep saying Write protect

...Is this Software Leased? I see the build/program Date was 2019/11/1 by WANG one year would be just two weeks from now. That would also explain the Locked out clock

Quote Originally Posted by machinehop5 View Post
    ...Is this Software Leased? I see the build/program Date was 2019/11/1 by WANG one year would be just two weeks from now. That would also explain the Locked out clock
    I don't get the relation... what's the relation between the build/program date and the lock date ? the machine lock date was 01.oct.2020 that means 11 months of operation which is odd, not 12 month , not 10, not 6, nor 5 , I guess it is just related to the maintenance schedule or something, I will post the machine lock screen expiry date whenever possible

yes, that's apparently what's happening with me, so any ideas to modify the date to get away from that CNC Lock Screen ???
    Can you upload PMC program and sram backup on this thread?

That is a Fanuc generated alarm, you are not going to fix it by ladder edit. Fanuc controls this not the machine tool builder. But the machine tool builder has a way to unlock it. I am betting you don't want to pay the machine tool builder that is why this message is active. But there is no "back door" to this fix.

They sometimes will if the remaining balance hasn't been paid.

I don't get the relation... what's the relation between the build/program date and the lock date ? the machine lock date was 01.oct.2020 that means 11 months of operation which is odd, not 12 month , not 10, not 6, nor 5 , I guess it is just related to the maintenance schedule or something, I will post the machine lock screen expiry date whenever possible
    this is the lock screen with the expiry date i have mentioned

YAP,you have to pay the lady!

Can you upload PMC program and SRAM backup on this thread?
    here are the PMC and SRAM files
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by drdos View Post
    That is a Fanuc generated alarm, you are not going to fix it by ladder edit. Fanuc controls this not the machine tool builder. But the machine tool builder has a way to unlock it. I am betting you don't want to pay the machine tool builder that is why this message is active. But there is no "back door" to this fix.
    i am convinced that modifying the Fanuc date will spare me this message, I guess modifying the date is not a machine builder issue rather than a code inside the ladder file

I think the time is in the hard drive .

Page 1 of 2 12