584,800 active members*
4,349 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tormach Personal CNC Mill > Tormach TTS toolholder library for Fusion 360

Tormach TTS toolholder library for Fusion 360

I'm not sure if anyone else has done this but my searches have turned up empty. Many of you may have noticed that along with the new tool library in Fusion 360, all the previously built in tormach tool holders are gone. Not to mention the list was somewhat incomplete anyway. I wasn't overly concerned about it until recently due to an embarrassing number of crashes that could have all been prevented if I had tool holders selected when simulating my tool paths. I finally decided to eat the time and make a new library for myself. I have attached said library here in case anyone else has need of it. Included are the 1/4 and 3/8 set screw, er20 and 32 collet, slitting saw arbor, 1/4, 3/8, and 1/2" keyed chucks with JT taper bases, tension/compression head with generic quick change chuck installed, and a super generic tts base that can be used for things like a superfly or shearhog. These are a bit simplified but should all be accurate to within a couple thou anywhere it matters.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Re: Tormach TTS toolholder library for Fusion 360

You need to import the library back into fusion 360.

Directions here.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/suppo...usion-360.html

If you're referring to the sample tormach libraries listed for 1100 and 440/770 starter, those do seem to contain the tool holders that used to be available directly in fusion (knowing that would have saved me some time) but only the 1/2 and 3/8 set screw, jt1 drill, and er20 collet holders. I've added the two larger drill chucks, the er32 collet, the 1/4" set screw, the tension/compression quick change tapping head, a somewhat generic 1" slitting saw arbor, and a general purpose TTS base for use in creating any additional custom tooling.

Quote Originally Posted by soofle616 View Post
    If you're referring to the sample tormach libraries listed for 1100 and 440/770 starter, those do seem to contain the tool holders that used to be available directly in fusion (knowing that would have saved me some time) but only the 1/2 and 3/8 set screw, jt1 drill, and er20 collet holders. I've added the two larger drill chucks, the er32 collet, the 1/4" set screw, the tension/compression quick change tapping head, a somewhat generic 1" slitting saw arbor, and a general purpose TTS base for use in creating any additional custom tooling.
    I see what you mean. Its a bit sparse. I did not really use the original Tormach tool library so I was not sure how much was in it. I do use the TTS but not on a Tormach. Someone out there must have a more complete library to download.

Quote Originally Posted by upnorth View Post
    I see what you mean. Its a bit sparse. I did not really use the original Tormach tool library so I was not sure how much was in it. I do use the TTS but not on a Tormach. Someone out there must have a more complete library to download.
    Someone does. It's attached to the first post

Quote Originally Posted by soofle616 View Post
    Someone does. It's attached to the first post
    Ok there it is! I tend to go in here first think in the morning before I have had my first coffee. I'll download it and have a look.

Thanks! Nice work

I haven't used Fusion for over a year and recently got back on to discover the change in tool library and setup. Thank you for added this file to upload for the holders. How or were do you input the total length of the tool and holder? The way Fusion was before the change the overall length included the holder also. Now it seems the overall length is the total length of your tool cutter? Thanks again!

Custom tool holders can be defined through the tool library. You create a new tool but in the first window where you are asked what type of tool to create you select holder. From there you don't enter the overall length as a direct input, instead each section of the tool holder as defined but an upper diameter, lower diameter, and length gets defined. Stack up enough of these cylinder or cone primitives and you have a new holder.

Thanks for this upload soofle616, just jumped into CAM after about 8 months away - with my tool library gone awol through what I think was one of the updates .... this has saved me a heap of time.

Thank you for taking the time to post this. It's much appreciated.