584,808 active members*
5,040 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Harrison alpha 550 program error

First time we tried sending a small program to the lathe and we got "Program Error" on the lathe.
    Searched and read that it might have something to do with the file name being too long ( More then 8 characters )
    it will still work manually, but can't run ( I think they are called conversational ) programs from the console...
    really need that feature back ASAP, if nothing else... I also read we need to to clear program memory...
    I have not yet located a button that says that...LOL I'm sure its harder than that though.

anyone know what to do ? Please help !

Re: Harrison alpha 550 program error

Hi either the file is too big ,there is problem with the communications settings or you've loaded the wrong type of file
    There is a procedure to clear
    Send me your email and I'll send you it

Program alarm cleared, but not able to upload programs to lathe .. file error...and program alarms....
    It seems to work sometimes ( no changes just try again ) after fie error, then I get program alarm
    I've tried different settings to no avail.

very frustrated

if its a fanuc zero, verify parameter 2, 12, 550, and the setting page)tvcheck/eia/iso,,, share on here, maybe someone can shed some light on it/ also, doublecheck on your program- sometimes when saved there will be ascii jibberish at the head of the file- manually delete and retry

Quote Originally Posted by geraldklein View Post
    Program alarm cleared, but not able to upload programs to lathe .. file error...and program alarms....
    It seems to work sometimes ( no changes just try again ) after fie error, then I get program alarm
    I've tried different settings to no avail.

very frustrated
    ...dear frustrated,

Looks like you need this software for your machine after researching around the net.
    SuperDraft Systems - Suppliers of CAD/CAM and DNC Software

hope it helps ya

What software are you using to create the file to send to the machine ? Common fault as people assume they can use any software to create the file. When you power on there will be a number on the bottom right hand side if you post this we can tell you what version of alphalink is correct for your machine

Quote Originally Posted by mbservice View Post
    What software are you using to create the file to send to the machine ? Common fault as people assume they can use any software to create the file. When you power on there will be a number on the bottom right hand side if you post this we can tell you what version of alphalink is correct for your machine
    I am using: AlphaWin-Plus V1.54

when I start the machine the 2 numbers are:S141904 S2702S121902

Problem Solved !!!

The lathe is expecting Imperial and I wrote the programs in Metric...
    Who would have guessed.

Many thanks to:

Adam Marshall
    Superdraft Systems Ltd

for the suggestion !

Now to start the lathe up in metric.. Anyone know how to do that ?

Thanks !

Press the button on the keypad

Funny... I mean to start it up in metric each time... the lathe came from the states and is set to imperial.

Use the dip switches on the main A3 board to locate the offsets page its the orange one on the display press settings
    Cursor down to selection press in the E Stop and change to metric

Sorry for not getting back to you right away... but since it's working boss man doesn't want to risk changing anything. for now, I will continue to convert everything.

Thanks for all your help !

Quote Originally Posted by mbservice View Post
    Hi either the file is too big ,there is problem with the communications settings or you've loaded the wrong type of file
    There is a procedure to clear
    Send me your email and I'll send you it
    Hi
    can you please send me the procedure, have the same issue on my Lathe Harrison Alpha 330Plus
    mail to [email protected]
    Thanks in advance.

Hi,
    We have a Harrison Alpha 400 lathe-Year 1996 with Alpha cam v1.8.
    While sending the file to cam, the power went off and after rebooting, the existing cam file looks corrupted. It does not any more showing the Title nor the tool number on the screen. When running the existing file, it shows programe error. We tried to send a fresh programe from PC and Lathe screen shows,ready for file, and when we send the file, it shows In Progress and then seems freezing. On the other hand , the PC sends the file and after a while I noticed that a buffer start appearing on Alpha link and then says programe transfer completed.

Is their something to solve this.

Appreciate your reply.

Quote Originally Posted by KumarAnil View Post
    Hi,
    We have a Harrison Alpha 400 lathe-Year 1996 with Alpha cam v1.8.
    While sending the file to cam, the power went off and after rebooting, the existing cam file looks corrupted. It does not any more showing the Title nor the tool number on the screen. When running the existing file, it shows programe error. We tried to send a fresh programe from PC and Lathe screen shows,ready for file, and when we send the file, it shows In Progress and then seems freezing. On the other hand , the PC sends the file and after a while I noticed that a buffer start appearing on Alpha link and then says programe transfer completed.

Is their something to solve this.

Appreciate your reply.
    I just found this thread as I have been looking for a copy of the Alpha plus software for our Alpha 550. I can't find the disks to try to install it a another computer. The one we have runs Windows 98 and it boots directly into the program without stopping in windows first. The issue I have is the mouse don't work and no matter what I try I can't get it out of DOS mode. So my hope is to find a copy for the Alpha 550 software any version will do so I try to get another computer up and running with mouse support. It looks like the company SuperDaft systems is no longer in business. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thank you

Can you send me the procedure please, I have the same issue, on my Harrison 550 plus (1997) thanks.
    mail to.... [email protected]
    Thanks