585,665 active members*
3,087 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Vectric > need help on vectric

need help on vectric

I have vectric 10.5 which I have a problem and I don't understand what wrong in vectric I am engraving on a sign on a mdf and I set up the tool path I set the first depth at 0.5 for testing my new up grade cnc router 3018 and when I up load the gcode in candle and start my cnc router which I use the bits which came with the cnc 0.1 with 30deg vbit it start the cnc it engraving depth was 2mm which I was testing my cnc to see if it would start engraving at 0.5 is there a problem in the vectric software.

Re: need help on vectric

No,there isn't a problem with the Vectric software.I think you need to look at the accuracy with which you determine the Z axis datum to begin with and then check carefully the amount of tool shank engagement in the collet.Inserting the tool too deeply in the collet can cause the shank to bottom out before maximum clamping force is applied and so withdrawing the tool a touch can often improve things.I won't even ask if you skimmed the spoilboard to ensure parallelism with the tracks the machine runs on as it is so fundamental.

To demonstrate that the G code you machine is running on isn't at fault,all you need to do is open the file using a text editor and I favour Wordpad or if I'm using Linux,Mousepad,others may prefer Notepad.Not that it matters much because you are looking for a change of Z value and if the toolpath has been generated correctly there won't be one.

If you use V-Carve / Engraving Toolpath the value of start depth is always negative from material surface, so your toolpath will be that value deeper in material.

Upload your vectric file. It would be much easier for us to see what’s wrong…
    Other way you will get best guesses …