584,837 active members*
5,022 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Looking at LIMAC CNC Router

Hi Guys first time poster here - I am looking at purchasing a large cnc for a cabinetry business and hoping to gain some insights form you all. Specs as follows:

Working area (mm): 1300 x 2500
    Z-axis clearance (mm):300
    Vacuum Working Table, 6 ZONES
    9kw ATC Spindle
    8 positions carousel tool changers
    8 pieces of tool holders
    Taiwan Industrial Controller
    Servo motors on all axes
    Planetary gear box
    5.5kw Vacuum pump
    Cutting Speed (m/min): 60
    Positioning Precision:0.005
    Power Supply(PH/V):3/380/50
    Ethernet/CF card Communication
    Taiwan Linear Guide Rail (25 X 25)
    Automatic tool calibrator
    Four drivers for X, Y1, Y2, Z axes

I'd be really interested to get your thoughts and know what you would expect to pay or have paid for similar units.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Looking at LIMAC CNC Router

I paid in and around 30k usd for a similar machine (see my long thread in Omni CNC forum). I don't mention price in the thread but it's 5 year later so....

I'd get way way more specific than these details. An HSD spindle vs a HQD spindle is a few $1000 difference and each component will have a top notch or an "ok" option.

I'd look at my Po and the specs of machines that are clearly rebranded Chinese machines but typically high end ones.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Graham

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    In case anyone is wondering, I'm the twin of the other gfacer on cnczone...

Quote Originally Posted by gfacer2 View Post
    I paid in and around 30k usd for a similar machine (see my long thread in Omni CNC forum). I don't mention price in the thread but it's 5 year later so....

I'd get way way more specific than these details. An HSD spindle vs a HQD spindle is a few $1000 difference and each component will have a top notch or an "ok" option.

I'd look at my Po and the specs of machines that are clearly rebranded Chinese machines but typically high end ones.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Graham

Hi Graham - Thanks for your reply and I just finished reading your other post. Really insightful and will help my discussions with vendors for sure. Most notably your PO details!

Did you go for that HSD spindle and 8zone vac table as your are cutting acrylic? I could not see what vacuum you had or went for in the end? The carousel ATC is nice and ideal I imagine. However i wonder if the fixed gantry style although not as efficient is less to go wrong or am i over thinking it?

From what i'm gathering and all things considered equal the vendor is almost secondary to proper initial instruction and acceptance of specification along with construction monitoring and QC along the way when ordering one of these things?

I have not yet spoken with Omni, ive seen a couple of recent bad experiences however potentially they did not have the above inmind. Limac seem genuine although I have not seen anything more recent than 2016 from commentary about them. They have specd most of the stuff you did and I would want in a machine off the bat. Just a matter of taking a plunge with one provider

Went for HSD as we had 2 machines with HSD spindles and they are great so we wanted the same.

My brother is trying out a HQD knock off as a replacement for the HSD (he broke the HSD but the bearings didn't fail).

Mainly I was just mentioning for the price difference.

8 zones, I think they suggested that. I basically use 6 for 4x8 and 5x8 sheets. The other 2 are for occasionally 10 long sheets. I'm often only using a 2x4 section at the front.

I agree it's as much as matter of jumping in as anything. My experience with Omni was ok but I think at least 5 other vendors would have been similar.

1325 ATC 2 tools engraving&cutting on cabinet door
    Omni 1325 ATC router for MDF door - YouTube

Yeah should mention Omni is on the forum which can be useful. I've also seen 3 Omni machines personally. Myself and Rusty are happy with ours (his is a DSP controller and Multi water cooled spindle). The 3rd one was at a customer of mine. They never really used it much (it was pretty basic too).

Good luck. I would get a quote from Omni, they've certainly made a lot of machines.

Auto feeding ATC
    https://youtu.be/UlUYNCzv8mQ