584,842 active members*
4,298 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

3018 cnc universal gcode sender

I have a 3018 and am trying to use Universal Gcode Sender. I have a DFX-Gcode file made with CamBam. The problem is when I load the gcode the project lands too far from the cnc machine. See circled object on attachment. How can I make it land at "X"?
    Thanks

Re: 3018 cnc universal gcode sender

Trying them all eh?How about going to the .dxf and moving the whole entity closer to the origin?Additionally,check the default units on all the software you are using.

Quote Originally Posted by routalot View Post
    Trying them all eh?How about going to the .dxf and moving the whole entity closer to the origin?Additionally,check the default units on all the software you are using.
    Yep I cant see spending a lot of money on really good software or good machine until I can get rid of my mental block on this issue.

I have done all that. Created DXF in mm. Set everything to mm. Created drawing at page origin in AutoCad. Tried the same with other CAD programs (FreeCad, TurboCad) tried converting Inkscape to DXF, Tried directly generate Gcode from inscape.

Anyway thanks for responding.

I use Freecad and find it very good.Did your program run successfully when you used the simulation feature?Additionally,when you set the preferences did you go to units and select "metric small parts and CNC"?Then when you set the preferences for the Path module,which post processor did you choose?As i posted on the other thread about the problem pasting the first fifteen or so lines of the program here may provide clues.

Quote Originally Posted by routalot View Post
    I use Freecad and find it very good.Did your program run successfully when you used the simulation feature?Additionally,when you set the preferences did you go to units and select "metric small parts and CNC"?Then when you set the preferences for the Path module,which post processor did you choose?As i posted on the other thread about the problem pasting the first fifteen or so lines of the program here may provide clues.
    Actually I prefer AutoCad. FreeCad tends to quit responding on my machine a lot.
    Thanks
    Mike