585,760 active members*
3,689 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: AXBB-E

AXBB-E

I haven't been on here for a long time. I have modified my existing machine to a larger machine. I am wanting to go ethernet for my controller. I have tried two AXBB-E controllers and can't get my computer to recognize either one. I will be using Mach3 and a direct connection to the controller. I ordered from CNC4PC and tried everything they suggested. I have been very busy working on jukeboxes and have not needed the machine until now. I am open for suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by bat47 View Post
    I haven't been on here for a long time. I have modified my existing machine to a larger machine. I am wanting to go ethernet for my controller. I have tried two AXBB-E controllers and can't get my computer to recognize either one. I will be using Mach3 and a direct connection to the controller. I ordered from CNC4PC and tried everything they suggested. I have been very busy working on jukeboxes and have not needed the machine until now. I am open for suggestions.
    Are you using a standard ethernet cable or a crossover cable?.
    Manual says use a crossover for direct connection.

I have the UC300eth direct to a laptop using a 3m crossover cable.
    Make sure you also read the user manual and go through all the ip address configuration correctly.

Re: AXBB-E

Done all of that. I have tried both cables. Arturo from CNC4PC told me to use a standard cable because the crossover was done inside the device. I cannot configure the ip address because the device does not show on the network. I have tried both the windows search and the UCC download and neither can locate the device.

Quote Originally Posted by bat47 View Post
    Done all of that. I have tried both cables. Arturo from CNC4PC told me to use a standard cable because the crossover was done inside the device. I cannot configure the ip address because the device does not show on the network. I have tried both the windows search and the UCC download and neither can locate the device.
    Windows search?. That won't do owt.
    The device may not be named specifically on the network, you may need to rename it.
    Get the manual and go through pages 7 and 8. And you likely have to change the ip address of the lan port itself for pc to see it.

Make sure you don't have ip conflict if you have more than 1 lam and/or WiFi.
    Not usual for people to have much grief trying to connect.