Hi to all, first of all thanks for reading this post. This is my first post in the forum and english is not my first language, so sorry for my multiple gramatical errors.

A bit of history:
I am designing a machine to automate the cut of timber wood (3''x1''x10feet) in 3 pieces. Each piece will have two angles on each end. These type of cuts can be done with a mitre saw, selecting the cut angle and the bevel angle. Attached is an image with the pieces of wood finished. More or less each batch consists on 480 pieces of wood so we need to cut 160 pieces of timber with 6 cuts per piece.

So, my first approach is design a machine that loads the wood into an automated mitre saw (1 stepper to push the timber, 1 stepper to move the mitre saw to the desired angle, 1 stepper to move the mitre saw to the desired bevel angle and 1 linear actuator to pull the mitre saw down once the wood is in position).

The system will also have a 3 limit switches to control the X zero (wood lenght), and the Y and Z (angles) zeros.
Below is a video of a similar machine for the wood length position system that I plan to replicate with the automated mitre saw at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM5mPMPKaG8

My question is, do you think it is better to have the approach I am going or to build a big CNC and try to make it cut the timber with a proper tool. Both will work eventually but what is the best approach to consume less energy, motors spinning, am I going on the right path?

Thanks of you got to this point for reading this