584,871 active members*
5,121 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > Fadal VMC15XT Unrecoverble memory error at 0742 at start up?

Hybrid View

Fadal VMC15XT Unrecoverble memory error at 0742 at start up?

Hello All,
    New user from Sydney Australia and new to CNC milling, Trust all is well in these unprecidented times.
    Have just bought an old Fadal, 1996 VMC and upon power up find I cannot do much of anything?
    First off memory error at 0742, use 'NE' CMD to clear.
    Do that then get, do u want to clear memory, I say yes?
    Then I get new error 0021? Use 'NE' cmd to clear memory. And from there it just does the same thing over and over?

Any knowledge would be greatly apreciated, thinking I should change battery but machine was working only a couple of months ago? But might help.

Also the bed was physically moved whilst pushing into possition, hence the next error that shows occasionally which is memory need to be zeroed, but this standard Fadal proceedure does not work at all?

Kind regards,

Zev

Re: Fadal VMC15XT Unrecoverble memory error at 0742 at start up?

...does sound like a Battery problem is the cause of memory errors. But, might try doing the Zero Memory (Step 7 n 8) to see if the machine will start.
    https://www.fadalcnc.com/media/pdf/Z..._Procedure.pdf

Also, when replacing Battery see the Video below for a good tip about how to pig tail the new Battery leads for easy install.
    long video start watching at about 3:30

Hi M5,
    I replaced the battery this morning and discovered I was missing spindle encoder and the bung up inside the machine housing, one with multiple terminal ends.
    Set all this up and did your zero memory proceedure and I now have some signs of life!
    Able to JOG table and did a CS but at end is now saying numbers out of range?
    Have not yet been able to dry run spindle but that is probably due to my lack of knowledge and early stages of learning.

Otherwise lloking promising now, many thanks!

Zev

...thats good news. The factory parameters for your machine are written down inside the Pendant Door (hopefully) use SETP to change them
    https://www.fadalcnc.com/media/pdf/t...Parameters.pdf

sORRY LOSTTOUCH FOR A WHILE, FOUND THAT THANKS HAVE IT ALL WORKING NOW, EB=VEN REPLACED THE ENTIRE Z AXIS SCREW.