584,805 active members*
4,912 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > need help! hawk150 acramatic2100 hydraulic pressure switch???

Exclamation need help! hawk150 acramatic2100 hydraulic pressure switch???

I am getting a alarm 39-9.
    this alarm says that this alarm is cause by one of two conditions
    1. an attempt was made to start the machine hydraulics and the signal for hydraulic pressure switch is present before the hydraulics are turned on
    2. machine hydraulics were started and the signal for the hydraulic pressure switch was not received.

remedy
    1. press clear alaram.
    2. check listed device and correct if necessary.
    3. start and align machine.

im not quite sure which it is . I do know that the switch m3 will start the hydraulics if I push the switch but does nothing for code. the switch does not stay pushed in ether. what should I do? I need this machine to run a job I have

after little bit of messing around I figured out that the esr1 has the power and start lights turned on. once the estop is released power and start stay lit up. once machine power it turned on start light goes out and channel one will light up. after a short while it will go back to start and power being the only ones lighting up.
    any ideas????

Re: need help! hawk150 acramatic2100 hydraulic pressure switch???

Hydraulic pressure switches fail often, I suggest that you look at the switch first. PRESS MORE-service-program ware-any key-display-I/O board-enter. Look for the input for hyd on or something like that. Also make sure you have air pressure to the machine. Do you have the electrical prints??? Push the M3 contactor in and look for the input at the same time.

MIKE CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services

I do have the prints.
    The io board input says the hyd (cant remember what it is exactly) is turned off. when I press the m3 contactor I can here the hydraulics turning on but get some kind of servo alarm.
    If I press all of the m contact in and start the machine wants to start and ready for aligning but none of the contactors will stay pushed in?

...have you checked the fluid levels Hydraulic, Waylube ?

the fluid level is still the same.
    the only thing that I can think of that would cause anything was my air compressor took a crap and I got a new one.
    the guy that installed it forgot to put on a regulator and shot 175 psi to the machine but im not getting a pressure fault. Im thinking its a relay issue that not pulling the m contactors in but im not sure

does anyone know what would cause the M contactors to not push in?
    The machine will start up fine if I push all m contactors in manually but they will not stay put otherwise.

We are in a Cegep in an educational environment and the Cincinnati Acramatic 2100 - Arrow WMC-500 machine is not a production machine and is only used for education and currently no lessons can be given. Please help me

...the reason the Relay is not staying engaged is because there is a Fault somewhere in the E-Stop string. The fault must be cleared 1st..

Quote Originally Posted by meckardt55 View Post
    Hydraulic pressure switches fail often, I suggest that you look at the switch first. PRESS MORE-service-program ware-any key-display-I/O board-enter. Look for the input for hyd on or something like that. Also make sure you have air pressure to the machine. Do you have the electrical prints??? Push the M3 contactor in and look for the input at the same time.

MIKE CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services
    ...Re read this above reply from meckardt55 too

I think the hydraulic pressure switch and the AIR pressure switch are wired inline and are normally open, If you put 175 psi on the air switch you may have blown it up. Look at the prints and the I/O for the input . Where are you located??

All... The Relay is not staying engaged is because there was a Fault in the E-Stop string. This was true; he had a rat chew some wires in half on one side of Channel#2 on the E-Stop.
    Thats why there was no Alarm....
    GregW