584,802 active members*
4,845 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Hitachi Seikis > HT 23J Turret Index Failure

HT 23J Turret Index Failure

Hi there...I purchased this machine new in 1998 so needless to say I have had to reset the turret index in the past, and the protocol in the manual always gets it restored. This morning I was rotating the turret with a MDI command and before it reached its destination

there was a faint auditable click and it threw an alarm 79560 axis interlock. I manually went thru the drill of getting in position 1 and clamping it.(light went out) though the problem lies that the 3 button push to rest the tool # on the control it does not change....

I have a feeling that it must be the turret servo drive motor or the system that feeds power to it. The machine went obsolete a few years after I bought it and the manuals that came with it are a joke at best.. So my question is...has anyone shared this dilemma or have

a trajectory on how to trouble shoot where the problems lies? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: HT 23J Turret Index Failure

Quote Originally Posted by that'll do View Post
    Hi there...I purchased this machine new in 1998 so needless to say I have had to reset the turret index in the past, and the protocol in the manual always gets it restored. This morning I was rotating the turret with a MDI command and before it reached its destination

there was a faint auditable click and it threw an alarm 79560 axis interlock. I manually went thru the drill of getting in position 1 and clamping it.(light went out) though the problem lies that the 3 button push to rest the tool # on the control it does not change....

I have a feeling that it must be the turret servo drive motor or the system that feeds power to it. The machine went obsolete a few years after I bought it and the manuals that came with it are a joke at best.. So my question is...has anyone shared this dilemma or have

a trajectory on how to trouble shoot where the problems lies? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Hello!
    I can certainly help you out. First thing is to make sure the Spindle Stop, Feed Hold and Select are actually making contact in the diagnostics or ladder to reset the tool position. If all is good and you still have turret issues I would look at the index drive. They do not die often but it does happen. PM me your email and I can help you further.

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk