Hi All

Today I had some time to try figure out this Macro thing in Hypermill, while calculating on a larger part.

I have made macros for our standard reaming of H7 holes, one macro for each H7 holes, both thru and with bottom holes. Pain in the A** to do.

Now I’m trying to figure out how to make one macro that can handle all NC drills in our library, without making 100 programs and saving them one by one.

I have made such strategy in Edgecam, that search the tool library for drills with NC numbers in the library that fits the feature diameter. And gives an alarm/comment if the diameter of the hole doesn’t fit with the NC tools. If tool is too short to drill the hole from one side, it automatically figure out to drill half of the hole from one side, if the standard tool is long enough to do so, and make a comment that says that feature needs to be drilled from two sides. Edgecam Strategy manager works absolutely great because of the drag and drop layout.

I want to make some rules that can change the tool in a simple drilling cycle, searching for the drill in the library that fits the feature. When saving a macro from a feature, the feature is locked to the macro by default. Is there a way to make the feature in the operation flexible, so it fits the drill in the NC library automatically?

Cheers,

Daniel