584,805 active members*
4,987 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

CNC cutter frame

Hello!

I am hoping to strike a deal with a company, or at least hoping that you might guide me in the right direction.

Years ago (2018) We bought quite some stuff to DIY our own CNC cutter with a working area of 2000x3000mm.

Well our machine is up and running, fully functional, except that it isn't.
    We have done quite some jobs with it, but we are facing big problems, and I am now certain that those problems come from the frame I built myself. After hundreds of hours of trying to figure out whats wrong with the machine/frame etc. I gave up. I want a factory made frame.

Like I mentioned before, we have a fully functioning machine. with all the high quality Slides, Cables, stepper motors, electrical cabinet, everything.

Where to buy a frame guys? Just the bare frame with the x gantry, No slides, racks or pinions, only the bare metal frame. Z gantry we also have.
    We have poured our hearts and souls into that machine and we just need a proper frame. Ideally in a working area of 1500x2500 Or if that is not possible, then 1250x2500. Would be sa shame letting this project go to waste

There is an example attached of what type of "construction" we are looking for, to give you some sort of idea.

Regards,
    Mihkel
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Annotation 2022-10-21 235120.jpg  

Re: CNC cutter frame

Might be important info that I live in Europe, Estonia.

I'd keep an eye out for a used but robust commercial router with an obsolete or broken control system. You can sometimes get them for what it costs to haul away.
    Andrew Werby
    Website

Hi Mihkel - In summary what is the problem wit the frame? Use this machine to build a new frame? Peter