584,802 active members*
4,926 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Milltronics > MB19 CMOS battery error and display issues

MB19 CMOS battery error and display issues

After a couple of months away from the machine I fired it up tonight and saw a cmos battery fail during boot up. I left it powered up for a couple of minutes and cycled the power.
    Did not get the cmos error on subsequent start ups but the screen resolution seems to be wrong.
    I fuddled through and managed to home and jog the machine but cannot seem to do much else.
    What I've found through searches and the manual doesn't seem to work for me. When I press f7 to get to parameter settings to change the screen resolution the menu bar on top reads Main-Unlck not the Main-parms which the manual says I should have.
    I've tried every variation of proto3 and 3 to unlock it and nothing seems to work. Doesn't help that I can't see the entire screen. Lol

Machine specs
    MB19
    Build date 019
    Series C
    LCD monitor
    A.C. drives
    SLS control (not full CNC)
    Has the white control box not the black one (if that matters)

I know I will have to replace the battery but I would like to use the machine in the meantime.
    Does anyone have step by step instructions on a quick fix for the monitor resolution?

Here are a couple of pics of the monitor in it's current state.

Re: MB19 CMOS battery error and display issues

Quote Originally Posted by welderboyjk View Post
    After a couple of months away from the machine I fired it up tonight and saw a cmos battery fail during boot up. I left it powered up for a couple of minutes and cycled the power.
    Did not get the cmos error on subsequent start ups but the screen resolution seems to be wrong.
    I fuddled through and managed to home and jog the machine but cannot seem to do much else.
    What I've found through searches and the manual doesn't seem to work for me. When I press f7 to get to parameter settings to change the screen resolution the menu bar on top reads Main-Unlck not the Main-parms which the manual says I should have.
    I've tried every variation of proto3 and 3 to unlock it and nothing seems to work. Doesn't help that I can't see the entire screen. Lol

Machine specs
    MB19
    Build date 019
    Series C
    LCD monitor
    A.C. drives
    SLS control (not full CNC)
    Has the white control box not the black one (if that matters)

I know I will have to replace the battery but I would like to use the machine in the meantime.
    Does anyone have step by step instructions on a quick fix for the monitor resolution?

Hi WB, depending what mother board you have in that control changing the CMOS battery could be problematic. If you have a 486 board with a "DALLAS" real time clock for the battery. These are extremely hard to change with out tearing out some circuit tracings in the center of the board. The best is to do a "SBC" Single board computer" update.. The build date you show, you may already have a SBC. early SBC mother boards have a soldered in 2030 battery with the legs on it. I change these out to a battery clip for the 2032 battery.
    Getting to the machine parameters with SLS software, is F10 util, F10 parameters.

Changing to CNC software is possible, but you would lose the X / Y axis disable for manual hand wheel.

Give me a call

Sportybob
    952-288-6340