Need help integrating Sunfar E550 VFD with Acorn PLC.
I have been searching the web for information to feel the gaps and have been through most of videos by Centroid, which were vary helpful getting where I am today with my build.
Short description of core components:
3D CNC router table with Y-1800mm X-1100mm Z-200mm envelope. Y axis configured as Master and Slave.
All four ball-screws are driven by Teknic CPM-SDSK-3421S-ELS servo motors. Machine Auto Homes properly, DRO resets to 0 on all axis and complies with G-code through MDI.
Spindle utilized is JGL-100/3.2R24 and it’s running with no glitches in manual mode and I am able to run a G-code through MDI at the same time with no problems. Spindle is connected to VFD via appropriate shielded cable.
Acorn PLC is bench tested according to Marty’s videos at 3000 RPM set via Wizard.
Everything checks out just right except when I attempt to run the spindle in autonomous mode at it’s full range 0-24000 RPM utilizing 0-10 V output of Acorn PLC.

Observations: Servo drives introduce a jerking motions causing the router to lose Y-master and Y-slave squareness. DRO continues to count but no motion is observed on axis. Spindle itself is not spinning at full requested RPM according to setting in Wizard to 24000 RPM.

To be on the safe side I utilized Hall Effect sensors on all Home and Limit switches.

I have contacted Sunfar in order to obtain more info on proper connectivity of E550 VFD, but got nothing as of yet. My suspicion is that connecting Sunfar’s AI and ground ports are introducing some sort of interference to Acorn PLC board. As far as spindle X1-X4 controls I am able to control direction as well as START/STOP.

Any input will be highly appreciated.