585,951 active members*
4,266 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > CNC Machine Related Electronics > Anilam 1100 motherboard battery replacement

Threaded View

Anilam 1100 motherboard battery replacement

Just bought a knee mill with 2-axis Anilam 1100 control. The battery on the motherboard was starting to corrode and leak, so I have the motherboard out and removed the battery from the board.

I am looking to replace the internal Varta 3.6v barrel battery with a 3x AA external battery holder wired to the external battery pins, but nobody can tell me how exactly to get this done. There is a jumper that needs to be removed to switch from the charging internal circuit, to the external non-charging circuit. I know where that is, but I have no idea which pins to attach the 3x AA wires to.

I have communicated with Gerald (Jerry) Bouvier, an ex-engineer of Anilam, and he doesn't seem to remember how he did it a long time ago, other than he bought a battery with a connector already on it and just plugged it in. ...which doesn't help me much. Also, I can't seem to find anybody that knows much about the old 386SX boards to get me through to a viable solution.

I would rather not just solder another Varta battery to the motherboard, as there is great potential for them to leak and screw up the board all FUBAR, and it is a pain getting the motherboard out to do another replacement. I have thought about using rechargeable AAs in the holder, and soldering to the internal battery vias, but I am not sure if the onboard charging circuitry will be overtaxed by charging 3x 2000mAh batteries and put me in an even worse position.

I will attach some pics of the battery circuitry and external pins, hopefully, there is someone here that has been through this and can give me a solution to my dilemma.

Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails External Pins Mark-Up.jpg