Hi all.
After rebuilding the electronic-motor side of my homemade CNC, I'm testing the new hardware.
Everything seems working fine (and better), but I'm wondering about the way I use to use the great Scorch's Gcode Ripper.
The most of time, in my jobs I'm using at least 2 bits: a 0.1/10° mm and an endmill; sometimes even a small drillbit.

The job sequence usually I do is:
- install and zero the 1st bit (let say the engraving bit)
- attach the z probe, set its offset, and launch Gcode ripper for the first program (engraving)
- elaborate the original code with the gcode ripper code
- execute the engraving

Then when I've to do a second job (let say cutting the outline), I do a second gcode Ripper "round":
- install and zero the 2nd bit (let say the endmill)
- attach the z probe, set its offset, and launch Gcode ripper for the second program (cutting)
- elaborate the original code with the gcode ripper code
- execute the cutting

In the case I should drill some holes, I'll made an addicional round (in the middle of the previous 2)

My question is:
Assuming I'm doing a redundant number of job steps, the same example job as mentioned can be done this way:

- mount the z probe directly in the spindle chuck (meaning no offset)
- test the surface for the full job code (not separate codes for each kind of job)
- generate a single Gcode Ripper code
- using this code to elaborate the separate codes for each kind of job
- run the various job (mount and zero the bit, load the ripped code and run)

Could this be a valid philosophy? Or I've to run Gcode Ripper for each separate code as currently I do?

Thanks
Andrea