585,591 active members*
2,973 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

V2.6.0 Toolpath refresh button missing

Anyone using V2.6.0 noticed that the toolpath refresh button is not there ??

(;-) TP

Re: V2.6.0 Toolpath refresh button missing

I saw in the Release Notes for 2.5.2 says it was removed from the lathe interface. I don't know about the mill, but I don't see it either.

Well that is silly . I saw that now. SO how does PathPilot know when " I " want to refresh the toolpath ????

Interesting , (;-) TP

Yeah I noticed it was gone as well. The only time I ever used it was to correct the display when I loaded a program before zeroing the wcs though and that seems to happen real time now so it hasn't been a big deal for me. I have noticed that "show only current tool" doesn't seem to update properly throughout the program though. It works before I start the cycle and if I don't have it on when I start and turn it on partway through it will work but otherwise I see a lot extra lines.

Quote Originally Posted by soofle616 View Post
    Yeah I noticed it was gone as well. The only time I ever used it was to correct the display when I loaded a program before zeroing the wcs though and that seems to happen real time now so it hasn't been a big deal for me. I have noticed that "show only current tool" doesn't seem to update properly throughout the program though. It works before I start the cycle and if I don't have it on when I start and turn it on partway through it will work but otherwise I see a lot extra lines.
    I noticed this also
    if program is not running you can display only the tool and tool paths you want.
    if the program is running I see all the tool paths even if I uncheck a tool numbers.

It would be great if the min/max x/y/z displayed only considered the tool(s) currently selected to be displayed.

Quote Originally Posted by kstrauss View Post
    It would be great if the min/max x/y/z displayed only considered the tool(s) currently selected to be displayed.
    I can see the value to that but I wouldn't want it to be the only behavior. Much like the option to only show the toolpath for the selected tool I'd like to toggle min/max for selected tool on and off.

I would opt for consistency: show the max/min for whatever toolpaths are displayed. That is, retain the default behaviour of displaying all toolpaths with the option of displaying selected toolpaths (no change) but always display the max/min for what is shown.

Ah, ok that makes more sense. Where I was looking for a separate button for toolpath and max/min you're saying that the button controls both at the same time. I agree, that would be a nice feature.

Quote Originally Posted by soofle616 View Post
    Ah, ok that makes more sense. Where I was looking for a separate button for toolpath and max/min you're saying that the button controls both at the same time. I agree, that would be a nice feature.
    Exactly.