I need your help,
I bought a use Jet jsg-6 belt sander the old owner said the start cap had gone bad but if you spin up by hand it runs ok.
Now the story I got it home and bought a new cap but it did not help
so I went online and found the Jet tech line and the owners manual after talking with them I changed it over to 230v but got the same results.
I then opened the motor and the start switch was bad,and after looking for a new one found out it is obsolete and the locale elec motor guys did not want to waste time messing with the import motor,
Next I crdered a switch from a later model but they shipped the mechanical
part of the switch not the contact switch.
So I then just bent the 1 I had so it would make contact and put it back together, and it work started right up but after and few minutes it poped the capacitor, Then I put the old cap back in and it is running longer it seams
but have not let it run to long
ok heres the deal when I bought it it had a 500mf 125v start cap installed
so I replaced with the same
But After getting the manual it shows a 300mf start cap and a 15mf 350v
run cap.
I can not find any evidence that it ever had a run cap but if it did how can i tell, the wires run from the motor to the cap and then to the hard side of the switch then from the contact side of the switch to the motor, this is were they show the run cap installed
The start cap is on the hard side and the run cap is on the contact side

I am going to buy a 300mf monday at granger and will try it again,
if it works, do I need the run cap or did some of these motor come with only a start cap?

buy the way it is a 6 wire motor,and again it shows the cap in a series on each side of the centrifical switch

any help with finding a centrifical start switch would also be a great help
the guy at Jet did not seam to eager to check out the switch from a jsg-6dc
because it dose not show it in the part book ,but the macanical part from the jsg-6dc is identical

thanks for any help
Brad