585,604 active members*
3,247 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: PP 2.7.0

Page 2 of 2 12

Re: PP 2.7.0

Quote Originally Posted by kstrauss View Post
    I installed 2.7.0 today without incident but haven't yet run any parts. The splash screen mentions that the BL is a "compact" lathe. I noticed that it reflashed my Mesa card upon initial boot. I have no idea what was changed in the Mesa config. Any ideas?
    The bit file was updated 9/16/20. In tormach_mill_mesa.hal they changed Z limit to an encoder signal for use with the S3BOB for the servo board. I don't quite grok the whole of changes to the hal file. Seems benign if you don't have the S3.

I installed 2.7.0 today without incident but haven't yet run any parts
    To update status, I've run a variety of parts over the last couple of days with no problems.

A small complaint though: the toolpath display now shows the full Z-axis travel. My parts mostly use a fraction of an inch of Z movement so showing the movement to the tool change position makes it hard to see the important parts of the display. Has anyone found a way to disable this new behaviour?

To update status, I've run a variety of parts over the last couple of days with no problems.

A small complaint though: the toolpath display now shows the full Z-axis travel. My parts mostly use a fraction of an inch of Z movement so showing the movement to the tool change position makes it hard to see the important parts of the display. Has anyone found a way to disable this new behaviour?
    No but if someone does I'd love to hear it, drives me nuts too. Since my programs (and I imagine most others as well) only ever go to z-home when using g30, I don't see why the full travel extent is shown. Seems like it should only show the range of motion that's actually called out in the program.

I haven't updated yet (I have customizations to move over first) but this diff from WinMerge between 2.6.0 and 2.7.0 updae packages shows changes to how the cone is drawn. I wonder if the scale=1.0 on rh side is the cause of issue?

Winmerge is a great tool for this type of puzzling, you give it 2 directories and it shows all the differences.

Gerrit

I discussed the path display changes with a Tormach person yesterday. They are aware of the complaints and, I believe, plan to restore things to the previous display that ignored G30 moves.

Quote Originally Posted by gerritv View Post
    I haven't updated yet (I have customizations to move over first) but this diff from WinMerge between 2.6.0 and 2.7.0 updae packages shows changes to how the cone is drawn. I wonder if the scale=1.0 on rh side is the cause of issue?

Winmerge is a great tool for this type of puzzling, you give it 2 directories and it shows all the differences.

Gerrit
    Winmerge is not bad but if you're merging some large files with lots of differences (e.g. some PathPilot files) it can get a little confused. I find "Meld" in the PathPilot distribution to be a little more reliable. I also find it helps to be able to compare files when debugging my changes in a new release.
    Step

Page 2 of 2 12