585,687 active members*
4,500 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: PP 2.7.0

Page 1 of 2 12

PP 2.7.0

PP 2.7.0 is able to be installed at the machine controller if its connected to the internet.

It is not in the update section for Pathpilot on the Tormach site so there are no release notes yet.
    mike sr

Re: PP 2.7.0

Mike, I just checked the tormach website for PP 2.7.0 and it still does not show up today.

Don't know why you can get it on line, but just be aware there is a PP 2.7.0 Beta version out there, so it might be what you are seeing. If you decide to try it just keep a close eye on your machine until tormach clarifies what it is.

Terry

I downloaded 2.7.0 to my 1100s3 and there were release notes included.

Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by MFchief View Post
    Mike, I just checked the tormach website for PP 2.7.0 and it still does not show up today.

Don't know why you can get it on line, but just be aware there is a PP 2.7.0 Beta version out there, so it might be what you are seeing. If you decide to try it just keep a close eye on your machine until tormach clarifies what it is.

Terry
    Terry, It doesnt show up on their website, I downloaded it with the machine controller which is connected to the internet, just by clicking on the updates on the PP screen and selecting it from there.
    mike sr

Here are the release notes. For mills:

G30 moves are now shown in the tool paths
    Improvements in rigid and tension/compression tapping
    Apparently G-edit now highlights bad code for easier searching
    4th axis probing has an option to not rotate when finding center
    Some ATC refinements
    Some bug fixes on conversational circular and rectangular pockets
    Many other changes I don't use/understand

Bruce

I just hit the PathPilot Hub and it's still at 2.6.0. I don't get why they don't update them both at the same time. I use the hub to do most of my debugging (still a G-code or conversation only guy), would be nice to have the same controller software at both machines.

Sounds like the improvements are all for the Rockefellers...us 440 folk don't know much about any of those things, well maybe the G30 thing...

I haven't turned my mill on in a few days, so haven't seen the opportunity to download 2.7.0, but the version is still not listed on the website. Seems to be a disconnect somewhere at Tormach.

Terry

The official announcement of v2.7.0 is now at https://tormach.com/support/software...ates-and-notes

Did anyone notice the Tormach 8L lathe in the splash screens after upgrading to PP 2.7.0

David

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

I didn't see that in the new version as I have only downloaded it from Tormach. However, I did notice that early set of release notes that was posted had the first line "We added support for the new 8L lathe (PP-3071)"

They've had references in the code for the 8L for the last couple of releases. As the release notes from Tbkahuna show the support has now been added to the code. It looks like someone jumped the gun! Tormach never were good at keeping secrets.
    I've just quickly flown over the configuration and found support for clearpath motors - well the 15L is rather slow.
    One parameter I didn't find in the configuration was the price
    I guess we'll be hearing from Tormach in the near future...
    Step

I installed 2.7.0 today without incident but haven't yet run any parts. The splash screen mentions that the BL is a "compact" lathe. I noticed that it reflashed my Mesa card upon initial boot. I have no idea what was changed in the Mesa config. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by kstrauss View Post
    I installed 2.7.0 today without incident but haven't yet run any parts. The splash screen mentions that the BL is a "compact" lathe. I noticed that it reflashed my Mesa card upon initial boot. I have no idea what was changed in the Mesa config. Any ideas?
    It re flashed mesa card in older mill. Did nothing to newer router but update software. It all works for me. Router lost z home / ets and confused me for a few minutes. But I could have hit wrong button on setup screen and be at fault. Anyway just had to reference spindle to ets and was good to go.

Updated the lathe without issue. Commanded movement speeds are back up. Still has an extra coolant pump on/off at the end of a program for no apparent reason that only showed up in 2.6.0. (does this happen with the mills?) Animation of the tool paths has shrunk considerably. It used to fit the tool path screen pretty well, now it is zoomed out quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by number40Fan View Post
    Updated the lathe without issue. Commanded movement speeds are back up. Still has an extra coolant pump on/off at the end of a program for no apparent reason that only showed up in 2.6.0. (does this happen with the mills?) Animation of the tool paths has shrunk considerably. It used to fit the tool path screen pretty well, now it is zoomed out quite a bit.
    No extra coolant pump power cycle on my mill. That would kind of disturb me if it cycled without any code to initiate it.
    The splash ad for the 8L lathe is kind of funny to see at every boot up. I guess its one way to show new hardware to users

It is the weirdest thing and if it didn't do it on both lathes, I would say there was an issue with the first purchase.

In previous PP versions, if you opened the door at just the right time at the end of a program, the pump would kick on and stay on.

After this update the 24r router does not generate an error if you try to run a program without chiller turned on. It has done this for the last year but stopped.
    I emailed tech support, not clear if its software or what has caused this change in behavior.

2.7.1 released now...

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Neill View Post
    2.7.1 released now...
    This fixed the chiller warning issue I noticed last week.

Page 1 of 2 12