been quite some time since i posted in CNCzone... personal issues, and general life been getting in the way...

anyway, i fired up Fusion 360, only to find things have changed... my choices are to continue as a hobbyist, and be limited, or shell out $60 per month for the full version.

this is mainly a hobby, but i want to not be limited in what i can learn how to do, with Fusion 360, and my CNC woodworking router (running LinuxCNC). in the past, i have done very limited tasks for my actual job (carpenter/home building, remodeling/cabinet maker), but i hope to expand that. i want to be able to make some 2D/3D signs, engrave designs into cabinet doors, cut parts for wood projects, and so forth. at some point, i plan to add a powerful laser to my spindle carrier, and do burned engravings (non-raster, just 2D, single strength burns).

my machine functions, but still needs to be completed, so i have not yet done much with it, so it may be a while yet to make much production runs.
in the mean time, i could renew the hobbyist license (tried twice, but won't activate... maybe not on Sunday), or i could shell out $60/per month, just to have a fully-functioning application, so my learning is not limited (i don't like having limitations). can i do the above mentioned tasks under the hobbyist license? just afraid to commit to $60 per month, unless i know not doing it will limit my intended tasks.

~Travis