585,585 active members*
3,699 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Chinese Machines > PW 3024 and PW 3618 boards both having issues

PW 3024 and PW 3618 boards both having issues

Hello,

I should start by saying that I am pretty new to this CNC game. I am a materials research scientist and for a project I am working on I am suing a small CNC machine to move a treatment head over some flat plate metal. There is no milling so not use of the spindle.

The XYZ stage had been working fantastically for about 13 months up until march this year. Then it absolutly died a death. Upon doing the normal 'fixes' (turning it off and on) I decided that it was a more serious issue. This led me to opening up the controller box, a YOOCNC T-D controller, to find that a fuse had blown on the PW3024 power regulator board. 'no biggie, could be for lots of reasons' I thought... until the replacement fuse blew as soon as the power was turned on. This time the 555 chip also decided to give up the ghost and the top tried to part company with the legs (see image)

I then started trying to research this issue online and came across a few people who had that same problem (some on this forum) One solution was to replace the board as there could be a plethora of things wrong with it.

This is what I decided to do, I e-mailed several companies (all from china) and eventually got a reply saying that the PW3024 was a outdated board and the new board 3618 is the replacement version. I bought 2 (seeing that I may have a repeat problem.)

The board arrived this morning and as soon as I turned the power on the same fuse blew! (in the box)

I have since contacted the company I bought the boards from to see if they could shed any light on this problem but they have told me that the engineers are away and a response may be some time. This lead me to posting this, i realise that there have been similar posts about the PW3024 board failing but that was mostly to do with resistors being fried. As far as I can see the resistors on the PW3024 board look fine, it was the 555 chip that was worse for wear.

Any help on the subject would be greatly appreciated as the proejct is now starting to get close to over running.

If there is anything I have left out please ask and I will do my best to answer any questions.

Regards,

Dave

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20150417_140155.jpg   IMG_20150427_105025.jpg   blown fuse.jpg  

Re: PW 3024 and PW 3618 boards both having issues

Juist a quick update (I can't edit my original post twice) The boards are actually alright it would appear. When the output is disconnected from the controller board the fuse does not burn out and it appears to produce a sensible output (around 28V)

This would imply that there is a short on the controller board. I have hada look at it and there is nothing obvious is broken. The issue I am now having it trying to source a replacement for the board. There are no markings on it to denote who made it or what the par tnumber is. I was hoping someone here may be able to help me on this one and possibly suggest a place I can get a new one or a new part that will fit in with the power board I already have.

Here is a picture of the front and back of the controller board, it uses the TB6560 (which I have sen a lot of bad reviews of online)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150429_094046.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	108.2 KB 
ID:	278378 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150429_094057.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	100.3 KB 
ID:	278380

Any help on the matter would be appreciated.

Regards,

Dave

Have you disconnected you stepper motor and tried controler board and stepper board without motors something in field could of gotten pinched or bad stepper motor

users have encountered persistent issues with the spacebar clicker PW 3024 and PW 3618 boards, raising concerns about the reliability and functionality of these components. The problems reported by users encompass a range of issues, from performance inconsistencies to outright malfunctions.

It sounds like you've been experiencing some serious issues with the CNC machine's power regulator board and fuse blowing. It's frustrating to encounter these problems, especially after trying to replace the board with the newer version only to have the same issue occur. Have you considered reaching out to the companies you purchased the replacement board from to see if they can offer any advice or connections game assistance?