Hello,
I'm hoping someone will see this! I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post.

I have an Elumatec E555 that I have been working on for the past week.

Initially, the OS (windows 2000) would not boot, claiming some system files were missing upon startup. I attempted a repair on the OS but it would fail.
This led me to believe the drive had failed, so I swapped out the compact flash card for a new one and successfully installed Windows 2000 on it, but it would fail to boot saying the OS was not found.

I installed the original drive, with a plan to try and reinstall windows on it. I went into the BIOS and reset them to default before trying this.

Right after I reset the bios to defaults, the machine refused to output anything to the display. The backlight would power on and show a little bit of the image that was burned in accompanied by some colorful artifacts, then click off and repeat that over and over.

I attempted to reset the CMOS, but the battery is soldered to the motherboard.

After a full day of troubleshooting, I was guessing that just by coincidence, the display had died right at that time.
I have since installed a new display but the same issue persists.

Elumatec is no help and they want $12000 for an E570.

Sorry for the long post, I’m just hoping to get some direction from people who have worked on these units before.

Thank you