585,761 active members*
4,080 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 5 of 20 3456715
    i wouldn't see why not Brad.
    My machine is small and not quite yet there for tolerance, but will be in the next week or so.

But i'm sure we could try and help you out as much as possible.

what type of material are you looking to make it from?

/M

mikie, I'm just planning to do the body of the machine out of MDF like the plans say. maybe do the epoxy thing like some people are saying on the forums to seal it up and stop moisture soaking in.

For a start, I figure I should just follow the plans and see how I go.

I can "inovate" on the second machine.

Hi
    I am in Alexander Heights, Perth Western Australia and would be interested in sharing CNC - you share I listen
    Obviously I am new to this and I have started my Gantry CNC but there just seems to be so many questions at the moment.
    cheers,
    Rod

Perth, Western Australia

Hi all.
    I'm in Kew. Vic. I Did not know there were other control freaks so close. ;-)

I have some thk actuators (linear) with attached servvo motors (inc encoders) a couplre of old drivers and have knocked up a rough router frame.

Paul

Paul

From one new member to another welcome aboard.

Your router sounds interesting so can you post some photos?

I have just finished my first axis on my gantry router tonight and have posted photos in my log.
    cheers,
    Rod

Perth, Western Australia

I'm in Geelong Vic (Well Close enough too it)

Hi Prboz, I am from Geelong. Do you have a machine yet?

Splint

Gudday Guys!
    I'm still heading south - won't get to "mexico" - sorry ynneb!
    Now i nBundy - the rum is great! Will be in Brisie (is that spelled right?) for New years and hanging out in the general Morton Bay area - plans so far. Ok if I drop a PM to a few of you in the area? Post holidays and have a pint or two.
    :cheers:
    Cheers and happy holidays all! Jim (aboard s/y Laughing Buddha)
    Experience is the BEST Teacher. Is that why it usually arrives in a shower of sparks, flash of light, loud bang, a cloud of smoke, AND -- a BILL to pay? You usually get it -- just after you need it.

May your tinny be full and your barby sizzling

Merry Xmas Australia

Andy

In Perth

I and a couple of mates are in Perth, two of us have done NC conversions on small to mid sized lathes and mills. 3 of us are building variations on the Zoltar routers.
    PK

Hi,
    My name is Shane, I'm from Brisbane and am an apprentice CNC Machinist. I've been working different CNC machines now for about three years or so. My experience is with Industrial machines only (lasers, Wire profilers, Wood Router, Lathes, Machine Centre and Macturn machine). I have a great interest in CNC's - but don't own my own at this stage. I am also into car restration.
    For anyone in Brisbane (or anywhere else), I am keen to hear from you (always looking for new friends), I probably can't help you with electrical issues, but can definately help with the mechanical and programming/software side of things.
    Cheers!

Woops, just fond this thread.

Hi all,

Some of you have allready helped me, thanks for that.

I am building Jgro and it nearly finnished.
    - The monster is all together and running on its rails.
    - I have just mounted the steppers to it and i am just using fuel line tubing to connect the 5/16th all thread rod to the motors.
    - I am using the Posix Linisteppers to drive it.
    -- they are 99% complete. (now that i have the wiring, for the HPLJIII stepers)

TO DO
    ------
    Finish mounting the 'T' nuts for the X,Y axis. they have to be glued in
    get the Linisteppers to work.

Figure out what i am going to use as a cutting bed.
    - the store front 'T' slot MDF pannel is looking good, if i can find some cheap.
    - If not i will just screw part down to a disposable bed for the moment.

FIRE IT UP !!!!!

Hope you are all having fun with you routers, please let me know if you are going to catchup or a beer or something.

CHris

PS I live in Rowville (at the moment)I have started a log but ran out of space here so it died. when i get some cash i will donate and get more space or i might build my own website or blog.

I,m in Adelaide, Have an old hulk called LaserKomb ex Germany, used to make cardboard boxes in it's day, with linear guides to X&Y, rack & pinion cross shaft to keep the gantry square, 2 Baldor stepper motors with cogbelt drives, & 1/2 nbg Heidenhain scales at X&Y, mdf vacuum suction table about 6ft by 4ft , defunct CNC control, no Z... at all, it had a few little air tools & blade cutters, that came down by air cyls ... all removed. Couldn't resist buying it at auction! Even though I have 2 "real" big buck cncs, I would love to try making this one go again, maybe even fit new lamps into the 2 scales for feedback, so far just cleaned & dreamed!

hi guys

good to see a lot of Australians on this site CNCZONE.COM

I'm from Melbourne , VIC and interesting in building a CNC plasma table , new to cnc and electronics and cad drawing.

Priced a commercially built unit which is way out of my budget for the amount of work that i need it for.

Start surfing the net and come across this site DIY site

The amount of information on this site it's fantastic so prompted me to investigate further and start building my own unit from scratch.

great work there APPLE and well done on your CNC Plasma Table.

Maybe catch up with the guys from Melbourne and other states on the next meeting.

Will share what ever information I have and my knowledge I do have to offer

cheers guys

JBO,
    Not all Australian users are in OZ! I read the threads from the Aust/NZ section out of interest, have even attempted to contact your listed suppliers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Austartisan, France.

Hi guys! adelaide says hello! Hey Vaughan Sage, would your machine be able to cut vinyl on a flat surface with any precision? Would you sell it? ^_^

Question CNC Machine For Mild Steel Up to 10mm

Hi, Everyone I'm from victoria here and I've made Computer Controlled stuff in the past but I have come to need a CNC Router and I have decided to build it to handle Mild Steel Up to 10mm or so and if it has enough guts to do that I can use it for any material such as Wood, Aluminum, Etc.

Any advice for lead screw size and tread type/pitch and the stepper motor strength would be appreciated also some australian supplies and priceing for lead screws at least 1200mm in length and nuts eg. BALL, Roller, etc the aim is to make the machine fast but cutting accurately is prefered so I can also do PCB's and writing text's.

I would be willing to help in the electronic department and in creating parts for others in limited numbers once my machine is up and running.

Hope you can all help me out, And I'll do what I can do for others.

so what kind of beer do you have down under

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside
    so what kind of beer do you have down under
    LOL Australia has some of the worlds best beers

and not to mention the women are sexy too

but what the beers name

Page 5 of 20 3456715