Login
Page 13 of 20 31112131415
    Eclipse,

are you coming to the BBQ?

/Michael

The Midi and I will be at the BBQ :wee:

Another newbie

Hi all,

First time poster, but been lurking for a while. Thought I'd introduce myself.

I've just bought a Taig CNC Mill on eBay and finally have something to get my workshop dirty with. My goal is to setup CAD/CAM for small hobby robotics parts, and prototype PCB milling/drilling (hobby & commercial). Maybe the occasional engraving job - I've gotta have some way to justify it to "she who must be obeyed".

I'm in the northern part of Sydney (Hornsby area).

Kean

Hello Kean
    Welcome to this thread. I have been trying to get in touch with fellow enthusiasts in Sydney, and have contacted two others, but met only one. I live in Pymble and have a midi-router by widgitmaster (you should see his thread, do a search in CNCzone) with CNC fitted. I will soon be posting the results of my setup.
    Should you feel like getting in touch to exchange notes, please send me a private message, and we can exchange contact details.
    Cheers,
    Arvind.

another newbie

Hey All,
    I interested in building a CNC and a vacuum forming machine. I will be building the vfm first and in the mean time i'll be reading up and learn learning as much as i can about the CNC.

Just letting you guys know i'm here and hopefully i'll be able on contribute down the track when i get more involved.

Cheers Dale

Hello everyone
    Just introducing myself. I have a Taig lathe but work has a couple of Roland MDX40 milling machines. Still learning all about CNC machining, so far I have only milled PCBs but I am working on a few projects.

George

Welcome to all the new Australian members to the forum

Guys have a look at this cnc mill http://www.probotix.com/FireBall_v90_cnc_router_kit/

Also widgitmaster as mentioned http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showth...t=widgitmaster

Mike can you post up the next BBq details in here please.

Aussie member

I am an Aussie still living in Aus. I am an electrical engineer and my main business is controller design and power supply. I have always fancied building a CNC machine of some sort when I first saw a PCB prototype router, but I have never got round to building anything for myself. Evereyone else first.

Regards,

Barry K. Buck.

Welcome to all the new Australian members.

for those that just want to experiment here is a good film clip to view a low budget cnc mill , Easy to build Desktop CNC Mill - http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=4

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-...-Cheaply-and-/

May trigger some ideas for the beginners http://www.cncfreak.com/

Get Ready to CNC!
    This is a video based step by step tutorial on building a CNC Router
    http://buildyourcnc.com/default.aspx

G'day all,
    Im in Flowery Gully, northern TAS. Just purchased Joes 4x4 hybrid cnc router plans. Im new to this but see many benefits in having access to such a machine. Having some issues with the imperial/metric conversions especially with material like MDF. I was going to buy one of Joes kits which are reasonably priced and will allow for a rapid build but.... the freight is way too expensive. If there is anyone in oz with a working cnc router prepared to cut out a kit of mdf/hdpe (for a price of course) then please get in touch. Otherwise, ill be lurking around this site learning as much as I can. Cheers

Neil

hello I am from Diamond Creek and while I am fascinated with CNC and have bought some plans for an mdf machine, I haven't actually started. Still researching. Saw the videos from the Melbourne BBQ and will definately be at the next one

NEW AUSSIE

Hi Guys Maitland NSW here.
    Just starting out in this CNC world. Have just received a set of EASSON DRO's to go on my HAFCO mill. My next step is to build my CNC router table to get to understand the setup then to convert my mill.
    If anybody has pics of their HF mill with DRO setup I would love to see some to help ease the install.

Cheers

Hi Aussies,
    i am Mayur frm india, but now i will comes to Australia by next Dec. or January,
    i am in automobile manufacturing unit and handale VMC and TC. i have 7 CNC machine in my machine shop. we used FANUC and SIMENCE cantrols and Autocad and Pro-e.
    i am new in this forum and also in Australia,
    so hope i will gate your valueable gudence.

regds,
    Mayur

good on you mayur

are you coming for holiday or migration?

there is much to learn about cnc and i am a keen newbie.

Thanks a lot Tom,

i will come as PR
    i applyed for skill independan visa

WR
    Mayur
    :cheers:

HI all,

Here in Brisbane. Have a YCM GT200 Lathe (Only commisioned today), Manford CB1050 Mill and a Torchmate3 plasma table. Just ditched a Colchester A90 Tornado.

Happy to help if I can as I am sure I'll be asking you all a few questions.

Speaking of which... Anyone had much to do with YCM machines?

Cheers
    Cam.

hello all! Im in Rockingham, Perth. I see there are sadly just a few of us out here...I could do with a bit of metoring. Cheers!

Actually there are a few of us around Perth. I'm north of the river and have a couple of ganrty routers and a converted mill and there are a dozen or so that I know of between Mandurah and my place.
    You are welcome to visit and chin wag all you want.
    Most people we talk to think we are crazy and those with machines know we are.
    Send a PM if you are interested in visiting.
    cheers,
    Rod

Perth, Western Australia

Quote Originally Posted by happymacer View Post
    hello all! Im in Rockingham, Perth. I see there are sadly just a few of us out here...I could do with a bit of metoring. Cheers!
    I work on garden island about 2-3days a week. The shed is in Kardinya. A friend has some gear in Warnbro. We're out there! As with Rod, pm if you'd like a 10c tour of my meagre efforts.
    PK

A collegue's son works in a CNC shop in perth. Not sure what the name of the shop is - I will find out. He is very knowledgable and maybe able to help with some of the more complex questions. If you are chasing something specific, let me know and I will get in touch with him. He has helped me out many times.

Page 13 of 20 31112131415