585,585 active members*
3,794 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 20 12311

Aussie members

I was wondering how many Aussie members there are on the group.
    Also how many of you are using Siemens controls
    JBO

I here near Warrnambool Vic
    Machine still under construction Have AMT drivers and a few 5804's
    Regards Bob Thomas
    www.ebooks.ausmade.com.au

Thanks Bob

Hi Aussies,

From Oak Flats NSW, near Wollongong, CNC Is our businness. Great to see Aussies join the zone, more and more every day.
    "A Helicopter Hovers Above The Ground, Kind Of Like A Brick Doesn't"
    Greetings From Down Under
    Dave Drain
    Akela Australia Pty. Ltd.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Welcome jbo echnidna, and Kookaburra,
    Your locally related contributions to this forum will be appreciated.
    I am encouraging us Aussies to also put your State and even your suburb into your location details.
    Already we have built a small network of CNCers in Melbourne. If you enter you suburb details you may be able to meet with others with the same interest.
    Please also post any local suppliers you find in the "Aussie suppliers" thread. This will help us all to source products easier.
    Being outside the square !!!

Thanks Kookaburra

We are in Bayswater Melbourne, and are toolmakers and cnc machinists.
    I happened across the Zone by chance and think it is great.
    I look forward to sharing some info in the future
    JBO

Hey Boys,

This is great. There are quite a few of you guys here in Melbourne.
    I'm out of Eltham, Myself.

I'm pretty much a novice at this. I have bought some linear rails a screw (linear that is) and some stepper motors. Now all i need is the know how to put this puppy together.

Any of you chaps wiling to lend a eyeball and guide me through some issues i have?

Mikie

Hi Mikie, I am also in Eltham and just starting to gather parts for some sort of router. At the moment I only have a cnc lathe and want to some 3d stuff. Any intrest in sharing ideas,resorces,etc to help each other out?

Hi Nigel,

I am happy to share any ideas i have come up with.
    I'll send you an email with my details, give me a bell and we can catch up over the phone

Mikie

Hey guys why dont you sign up for the next BBQ. The last one we had was good. I am hoping the next one will be even better. Its a good time for sharing ideas etc.

I'm in Sydney, Chatswood

I am in the process of converting my Hafco drill mill to CNC.

I received my stepper motors today, have a xylotex controller, and ball screws will be here in a week or so, lots to keep me busy on the weekends!

Rob.

Newcastle here. I started "gathering" bits and pieces for a router/engraver about 8 months ago, Xylotex, Vexta mtrs, Acme screws, Pwr supply, etc., but everything is on hold due to "real life" issues and I don't expect much progress for a few months yet.

Northern Burbs of Melbourne here .

I'm retrofitting a Mill in this thread Knee Mill Retrofit and am almost finished

Just signed in for first time I have 2 small CNC's in Heidelberg Melb

Welcome Tibor, I am glad to see you put your first post In the Aussie section

Tell us all what you are using your machines for.
    Did you make them your self, or part with the big bucks and buy ready mades?

Help in choosing a CNC Plan

Hello Guys.

Just joined the group. I am in Canberra.

I am looking to build a CNC Router to cut boat kits and the machine needs to handle a 2440*1220 plywood sheet. Cutting thickness will vary between 3mm to 20mm, mostly 12mm and less.

I have looked at the following:

1. Machine Tool Camp
    2. CNC Router Plans
    3. Data-Cut.

The Data-Cut looks the best engineered but the plans are for a smaller unit. It states you can upsize but you have to do the upscaling yourself and determine the best method of moving the X & Y axis. This of course implies you have knowledge of parts available, extrusion sizes etc. I know sweet F@#* All about this.

maybe it is not as difficult as I imagine?...

The CNC Router plans looks great however the base and sides looks 'unfinished'. Maybe there are methods to make it more professionaly finished.

Most importantly the machine firstly has to perform the functions required, be accurate and easy to use. Secondly the parts can be readily obtained without too much outside machining required.

I hope I have given enough information for my requirements and I appreciate any help in pointing me in the right direction.

Cheers

PS. If anyone wants to email me: [email protected]

Hi Blokes,
    I'm here in Broken Hill, NSW and have made a 4m long lathe for verandah posts and a small gantry router all with stepper drives. I'm currently in the process of building a 5' x 5' servo drive router using the Rutex drives and will probably add a 4th axis at a later date. Good to see some other people into this area of home CNC'ing. Been researching this stuff for about 2 years and my girlfriend has become an internet widow becuse of it. I will try to post a pic of the new router half built and to give a comparison of size, I am 6'5" tall 118 kgs.
    Bought a lot of crap on ebay before I found www.mcmaster.com for most of my screws, slides etc. Possibly the best site I have come across as they have about 400,000 items in inventory and shipping is not a prob to Aus. Mini Bearings in Brisbane also do Techno-isel stuff and are also pretty good for prices but you have to contact them by email for prices.
    warm regards.
    Richard.
    I am not completely useless.......I can always serve as a BAD example.

Thanks for giving us your height and weight MonoNeuron. I will now know not to rub you up the wrong way.
    I have wondered about long axis wood lathes. I guess you cant spin them too quick, otherwise you will get a lot of wobble. I have also wondered if it was feasible to use a router as the cutting tip. That way you could remove a lot of material and not have to spin the piece as quick. Do you know if this is a done method?

Hey Moondog, have you seen these plans for a router? http://www.inshorepowerboats.com/cnc.../CNCROUTER.htm Maybe I am old fashion but steel seems a good choice for a router the size you want.

Hi guys this is Bill Norris Im a mechanic and live in Westlake , Brisbane I have a small bridge port mill and a good size lathe. Id say my machining skills would be average . I have been interested in budget cnc for a couple of years now. but am still gathering imformation and ideas, Id love to convert or build something cnc I think its great share imfo and ideas and Im glade to be able to kick off as the Brisbane contact .
    Big Borris

HI..

My name is Stuart Mitchell and I live in Ballarat, Victoria.
    I have just started ordering all the stuff I need to make my frist CNC Table. The size will be about 2' x 6', most of it will be made from 25mm MDF. I will be using a 500HP GMC router for the cutter. Control system will be from HobbyCNC using 3 80oz stepper Motors. Software will be TurboCNC.
    I will post some images as I go.

Thanks it for now.
    Stuart (AKA) Auzze

Page 1 of 20 12311