584,808 active members*
4,973 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Angry Where's Waldo!!

I'm trying to figure out how to view the hidden programs in an Okuma OSP-P300M controller. Any pointers would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Re: Where's Waldo!!

hy, what do you mean by hidden ? do you wish to mess up with a probing macro ? kindly
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg

Hidden programs are programs that are in the controller, but not visible in the program library with the usual part programs and such. They are typically macro sub programs, like probing cycles. On one of our Fanuc controllers, there are a couple of parameters to change, and then those hidden programs will be visible on the program list. I am new to the Okuma OSP-P300M, so I'm not sure how to get to the hidden programs.

hy, what you wish for can be done, nothing new, only that it requires just a bit of above average knowledge; so far, i know 2 programmers that have messed in that area

there are not only probing cycles, but also other general codes, written with less common g-code syntaxes, reserved osp words, etc

is not possible to make them visible inside the program list

please, be more specific about what you wish to achieve, because there may be a method to avoid editing those hidden codes; or you only wish to view them ? kindly

hello again i had been thinking : considering your other questions, i guess you wish to input a wcs inside opbpl, which my be located inside a so called 'hidden' file

i am sorry for repeating, but i really don't suggest going into such files, not only because of their complexity, but also because their content layout may change only if you open&close them, because different text editors handle differently loooooooong lines ( handled by word wrap ), and may break a block into fragments, and this will make the code to error out

one way to handle this, would be to extract only what you need from a copy of the hidden file into a separate procedure located inside your program list, that you may edit as you please, experiment with it, and rename it <> opbpl, so to avoid conflicts; like this, you may get what you want, and also, the hidden files, will remain unchanged, like nothing happened

since the 1st time you mentioned opbpl, i searched it, but i didn't find it, so i don't know what behaviour you wish to modify, but, whatever