585,741 active members*
5,003 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Biesse > Importing nc-code/g-code from F-Engrave to Biesseworks

Importing nc-code/g-code from F-Engrave to Biesseworks

I'm running Biesseworks 3.4. I'm successfully able to import dxf files for 2D vector carvings.

I would also like to do V-carving and F-engrave seems like a promising software tools for this.

https://www.scorchworks.com/Fengrave/fengrave.html

F-engrave generated gcode-files which many of the smaller/cheaper CNC machines seem to read without problem.

However, I have not been able to import these files into Biesseworks. Biesseworks claim to read "NC" files, but complains about an unknown format when I try to do a "manual import".

I know gcode comes in many flavors. Has anyone successfully been able to import gcode from F-engrave into Biesseworks?

Re: Importing nc-code/g-code from F-Engrave to Biesseworks

Biesse has very specific ISO format, if you don't have some postprocessor, you can't do that :-(
    What you could try is to generate NC code from Biesse works editor (programmed some similar panel) and manualy (with Wordpad or similar texteditor) insert the G-code in the right section. But you can't open it in Biesse works editor, only in old Program editor (under CNI WRT), where you can check the functionality.