585,753 active members*
4,507 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tormach Personal CNC Mill > Tormach PathPilot™ > PathPilot running with PWM spindle NO reverse

Hybrid View

PathPilot running with PWM spindle NO reverse

Hi Guys, need to pick your brains. I have PathPilot running on a PWM spindle now. But I do not have reverse. Forward works as expected but reverse does not activate teh REV pin for some reason. Looking at the Halmeter I can see teh For/Rev pins activate and I have a PWM freq when in forward / reverse but there is no output to the pin. I know teh VFD circuit is working as I can jump teh REV pin over and it does run in reverse. I also know teh internal circuit of PATH pilot does work as I can reverse the control pin numbers for forward and reverse and the function switches . I then have rev but no forward.

SO I am missing something here OR PathPilot is blocking reverse for some reason . And yes it is setup to use PWM type 1 so it should have both signals available. PathPilot has a TON of safety loops in the control code so MAYBE it is blocking reverse ?? Can't imagine why but maybe ??

Has anyone tried a PWM spindle with pathpilot ??

(;-) TP

Re: PathPilot running with PWM spindle NO reverse

Here is another symptom. When I press REV teh spindle makes about 2 turns then shuts down. Then when you press stop teh spindle makes about 2 turns and shuts down. So it looks like something is blocking the REV pin . But where ??

(;-) TP

Hi Guys, need to pick your brains. I have PathPilot running on a PWM spindle now. But I do not have reverse. Forward works as expected but reverse does not activate teh REV pin for some reason. Looking at the Halmeter I can see teh For/Rev pins activate and I have a PWM freq when in forward / reverse but there is no output to the pin. I know teh VFD circuit is working as I can jump teh REV pin over and it does run in reverse. I also know teh internal circuit of PATH pilot does work as I can reverse the control pin numbers for forward and reverse and the function switches . I then have rev but no forward.

SO I am missing something here OR PathPilot is blocking reverse for some reason . And yes it is setup to use PWM type 1 so it should have both signals available. PathPilot has a TON of safety loops in the control code so MAYBE it is blocking reverse ?? Can't imagine why but maybe ??

Has anyone tried a PWM spindle with pathpilot ??

(;-) TP