584,802 active members*
5,071 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > Fadal 4th axis electronics question

Fadal 4th axis electronics question

I'm probably going to purchase a 1998 fadal 2016L that had everything for a 4th axis but the guy took the axis card out and put it in another machine to make a sell. The machine has ac servos but the 4th axis was DC and the machine has a dc amp off to the side, the wiring is in the machine and I'm getting 2 vh5c 4th axis with it. The build sheet for the machine says that it came with the vh5c rotary indexer.
    My questions are as follows:

Can I use any axis card and install the A axis eproms or do I have to have a specific 1010-5 card?
    Also, what does the letter designate after the -5? do I need to look for a specific lettered card?

Where can I find an A axis card and what is a reasonable price?

How do I know if the vh5c is AC or DC? This shop had numerous machines and no one seems to know which 4th axis went to what machine.

From the posted pictures, can anyone tell if I am missing anything other than the A axis card?
    Attachment 451744Attachment 451746Attachment 451748Attachment 451750

Re: Fadal 4th axis electronics question

Can I use any axis card and install the A axis eproms or do I have to have a specific 1010-5 card?
    Yes. There is a DIP Socket which has some jumpers to config the card to work with any axis. Also, you need the correct Eproms You can read more on jumpers on Page 260-261
    https://flintmachine.com/images/uplo...C_Controls.pdf

How do I know if the vh5c is AC or DC? This shop had numerous machines and no one seems to know which 4th axis went to what machine.
    The hookup cable Plugs are different size. DC will have one larger 50mm(appox) Plug and the AC will have two smaller Cable Plugs.
    https://www.fadalcnc.com/media/pdf/t...ary_Tables.pdf

You are only missing the A-axis card and that is a DC 4th axis. So the rotary has to have a MTR-0003 Glentek motor with the single plug as stated above. If you want a brand new rotary call Index Designs CNC for sure. They are in Chatsworth CA

Roblox Robux Generators – doing a quick search on Google reveals many online generators. However, most of these generator sites are fake and do not work. That is why today we’ll be walking you through a working Roblox Robux Generator tool that does not require human verification. That’s right, Free Robux added to your account without any extra hassle or human verification perils. Let’s jump right into it https://roblox-robuxgenerator.net/

dear gen,

....your born on date is robot. stay masked