585,752 active members*
3,906 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Uncategorised CAM Discussion > What is the best 3D CAM Software?

View Poll Results: What is the best 3D CAM software?

Voters
577. You may not vote on this poll
  • Catia

85 14.73%
  • Cimatron

37 6.41%
  • Esprit

47 8.15%
  • Mastercam

289 50.09%
  • One CNC

49 8.49%
  • Surfcam

70 12.13%
Page 15 of 27 5131415161725
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Stevenson View Post
    LOL. Okay, thread closed.

LOL, Threads don't closed unless they need to be closed
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Quote Originally Posted by tobyaxis View Post
    LOL, Threads don't closed unless they need to be closed
    [thread] tobyaxis's comment [/thread]
    corrections appreciated

WOW...i would hate to work for you guys .... you guy's just want to prove yourselves ....are better than others.....poor guys you hire are probably nervous as hell you already fired the guy before he showed up cause he has all this experience or he is good with software.... why not test the guy before you make a fool out of him.... give him a simple print and tell him to manually program it..... to what type of machine you might have hired him for.... fanuc-mazatrol-IGF control or what ever you hired him for... stop hiring guys just to try and embarrass them cause you think you are the only one in the world to be able to do it.....

Oh yeah .... I pick master cam X2.... i use enroute3 sometimes...too... we have- 2 HAAS VF3 one 1997model and the other just purchased with touch off tool setter.... and home sensor.... we also have 3 water jets one multicam (fanuc) one ingressol (plotter code)and the other high speed water jet Flow (flow code) all with master cam post... I supervise the two HAAS's and and multicam 400watt laser also program for all.... Cheer's GOD BLESS you all.

Noobie,

Nah, we're just playing.

Cool EdgeCAM?

Has anyone heard of EdgeCAM? Is this a good product?

Quote Originally Posted by HemiCuda View Post
    Has anyone heard of EdgeCAM? Is this a good product?
    Heard of many, but only used a few mentioned. Oh, seen a few without the chance to use them. One of the seen is Catia V5, another is Pro/E Wildfire 4.

There is a lot of really nice software out there but few will ever get to see or use them.
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Quote Originally Posted by tobyaxis View Post
    There is a lot of really nice software out there but few will ever get to see or use them.
    That's very, very true.

I have used mastercam for a few years,
    But' Pro/E Wildfire is awesome you can't really compare.
    Like a Vega to a Vett

How many of the softwares mentioned here are willing to put their money where there mouth is. How many will walk into your shop cold, get data from you that they have never seen, program it right there on the spot then cut it?
    I have don this as Mastercam dealer for years.
    I prefer when a customer has a file to share and I can demo from it. No Caned Demo's for me.
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Money where their mouth is!

I had a buddy tell me that WorkNC put a trial seat with no strings in for 90days, fully functional with support... I thought that was a huge offering.

Danny

True fact!

Danny if you ever want to find out for yourself just let me know. As I have said many times on here before, I can tell you how great the software is but why not find out yourself! I cannot say that I can guarantee 90 days but I will at the very least let you try it for 30 and send a person out to your shop for 2 days to train you...free of charge. We are going to be at the IMTS show coming up here in 2 weeks stop by and check us out. We are also giving out some free viewer software. Again no strings attached for the freeware, there is of course different levels of this viewer that do cost money (we are in business to make money too) If you have any questions about WorkNC feel free to ask me, I will do my best to answer any question you may have.

Best 3D CAM Software

Hi Guys, I have been a CNC Programmer for about 12 years now in many industries and have used alot of different CAD CAM softwares. For 3D Toolpaths I cant go past Delcam PowerMILL, I have used it for Injection Moulds in Automotive Lens applications and it is great.
    cheers SensaiBJAY

Can somebody help me with CAMTEK PEPS documentation ? pls send me some links or pdf or anything else on my email adress : [email protected].

Thx

Quote Originally Posted by agressoru View Post
    Can somebody help me with CAMTEK PEPS documentation ? pls send me some links or pdf or anything else on my email adress : [email protected].

Thx
    You shold contact. visicam for this.
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Costs are more than what you spend on software.

What would it cost a company to pay someone to take about 3000 Mastercam files and Convert them for use in Catia, UG, or any other software??? Catia as a package with all of the modules to support 2 axis lathes, 4 axis Lathes, Full 5 Axis Lathes with dual spindle, 3 axis milling, 4 axis milling, and 5 axis milling, and posting Code was of 3 years ago a placed I worked we had to use a Post processor Product called I-Cam which takes the apt source code and macros from Catia and converts it to NC code (Mike). There is a saying so many want to Major on the Minors and not Minor on the Majors. My spelling was your response to my sarcasm. :wave::wave:

Mike like I said from the very start when you kept pumping out your comments. You worked in a very big company with unlimited resources. The posts were all set-up, the tool libraries for the most part were all set-up, the Macros for the most part were all set-up. Time is money and when people have unlimited money they can spend Major Money to cut out time, but in any business there has to be a balance between what produces money, makes money and what does not. If you take the total cost of new software, conversion from one software to the other, training, getting posts worked out, getting tool libraries changed, getting things to be productive in a shop that for almost 15 years used Mastercam and switch them to Catia I can say with some authority that $100k is right on the money. I know you will disagree, but small shops don't have 20 people to do things most times they have 1 or 2 doing it. Paying 20 people to do something it 20 times the cost per hour and if they are all $100/hr burden on the shop then that is $2000 an hour in one week getting something switched over took $80k so think about that when saying how really ignorant I am when you have no clue about me or what have done or do for a living.

Hi Shawn,

That viewer is pretty nice.

I was at IMTS and had a chance to talk a bit with Jeff. Were you in the booth too?

Dan

IMTS

Hey Dan,

Yes I was there but maybe I was off to lunch or something. We had a GREAT showing this year so maybe I was just tied up with other poeple. Maybe in a couple years eah. So you like the viewer though....thats great! Well tell all your friends!

I like WorkNC. It has a good combination of advanced functions, reliable and efficient paths yet is still easy to use.

Good for 3 and 5 axis.

DELCAM POWERMILL (simply the best)

worknc is pretty sweet. compared to other cam packages ive used(camtool, cimatron and mastercam) its easier and just as, or more, capable

Page 15 of 27 5131415161725