534,885 active members*
3,484 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Dynomotion/Kflop/Kanalog > starting my C program, any guidance would be apreciated.
Page 6 of 6 456

Re: starting my C program, any guidance would be apreciated.

Code:
     Test
    main()

if (SPINDLEAXIS_7==1)
    {SetBit(159);
    }
    else()
    {ClearBit(159);
    }

I have gotten the break working, Thank you...

I now have a question about calculating the Factor of my Spindle so I can use an axis for monitoring the RPM. The encoder I'm using is a BEI RIH 22 incremental encoder. It has a resolution of 2500 cycles, I guess that means counts per/rev? How do I calculate, whatever needs to be calculated, to update my C-program for the correct RPM?

How do I also change the letter of the axis or insert a new window in screen editor. I watched the Youtube video of entering a new window to see real time feeds, but I couldn't catch how the window was actually put in.

Attachment is encoder information.

I now have a question about calculating the Factor of my Spindle so I can use an axis for monitoring the RPM. The encoder I'm using is a BEI RIH 22 incremental encoder. It has a resolution of 2500 cycles, I guess that means counts per/rev? How do I calculate, whatever needs to be calculated, to update my C-program for the correct RPM?
    There are 4 quadrature transitions in a complete quadrature cycle. So that should be 10000 counts/rev. To verify rotate the spindle one rev and see how much the position changes. If you put 10000 in the KMotionCNC | Tool Setup | Trajectory Planner | Threading Screen KMotionCNC should display RPM correctly.

How do I also change the letter of the axis or insert a new window in screen editor. I watched the Youtube video of entering a new window to see real time feeds, but I couldn't catch how the window was actually put in.
    Its not clear what you are trying to do. KMotionCNC will already display Spindle RPM.
    TK
    http://dynomotion.com

Quote Originally Posted by TomKerekes View Post
    Its not clear what you are trying to do. KMotionCNC will already display Spindle RPM.
    My spindle count on the A axis also, so I was hoping that I could change the letter to U and make it display the RPM so I can see better. I want to keep A axis free to add a rotary 4th axis later.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunmachinist View Post
    This is what I'm confused about when determining my Factor in the c-code; if my encoder count/rev = 10000.
    Would determining the Factor in my C-code be (#define FACTOR (10000/60.0) //10000 counts/sec / 10000 counts/rev = 1 RPS = 60 RPM)?

My spindle count on the A axis also, so I was hoping that I could change the letter to U and make it display the RPM so I can see better. I want to keep A axis free to add a rotary 4th axis later.
    Its still not clear.

This is what I'm confused about when determining my Factor in the c-code; if my encoder count/rev = 10000.
    Would determining the Factor in my C-code be (#define FACTOR (10000/60.0) //10000 counts/sec / 10000 counts/rev = 1 RPS = 60 RPM)?
    yes
    TK

Quote Originally Posted by TomKerekes View Post
    Its still not clear.
    My spindle encoder will count on the A axis screen.

I was want to change the rectangle in the upper left hand corner of the KmotionCNC screen which displays my spindle encoder counts to a U instead of an A.

I want to make the "U" rectangle in the upper left corner, display the RPM's so I am able to see(visually) better, and I can get all the information I want in one glance without looking all over the screen (ie: X axis, Y axis, Z axis, and speed).

I want to keep the "A" axis rectangle open to add a rotary 4th axis later.

How do I insert a new window in screen editor. I watched the Youtube video of entering a new window to see real time feeds, but I couldn't catch how the window was actually inserted and saved.

There are 40 User Label Controls available for use. You can't create or insert them, rather you can Show them. You may need to increase the width of the main window and select Show Hidden to be be able to select and modify them. You can not alter the functionality of the main DROs with the Screen Editor.
    TK

Page 6 of 6 456