Is it possible to retrofit a data server to a 16B(I think) control? I have a mid 90s MV40 with 20,000rpm spindle, 64 bit RISC HPCC board, and only 512k of memory. The high speed machining book that came with the machine claims it has 180 block look ahead, I am not sure this is true or not but it does run pretty fast and smooth for a old machine. But I am drip feeding through the rs232 with a USB adapter to run any high speed paths. It can’t get the code through the rs232 fast enough feed the machine.

I did a test and loaded as much of a high speed program in the memory as it would hold, running at 300IPM and it actually was running fairly smooth, probably wasn’t getting 300IPM, but it didn’t look bad. Ran same exact program through drip feed and it was obviously slower and choppy and I timed it and it took twice as long, and probably would have been worse if program would have been longer, literally only had enough memory to run 2 seconds of code.
So I am pretty convinced the high speed function is working pretty good and can really eat some code if the machine had a way to feed it, hence the data server would be perfect... is there any chance a 16i board data server board could be retrofit somehow?