584,850 active members*
4,518 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Other Machines > Engraving Machines > Hermes Vanguard 7200 Engraving machine
Page 2 of 2 12
    hello. just found a few printed copies , hermes nhi810 manuals,. i also purchased a vanguard 7200 new hermes machine, need a manual for it, any sug..?

I need copy of NHI810 manual

Quote Originally Posted by vanguard2008 View Post
    hello. just found a few printed copies , hermes nhi810 manuals,. i also purchased a vanguard 7200 new hermes machine, need a manual for it, any sug..?
    vanguard2008

Sent you a PM regarding the NHI810 manual - I need a copy if you have one for sale.

Orin

Hermes Vanguard 5000

Quote Originally Posted by samco View Post
    Honestly.. I would just get some stepping drives and run it with emc or mach.. The new gecko 4 axis 3.5a drives would be a great match.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51083

That would allow you to use real cad/cam software to develope your parts.

I sold mine on ebay a few months back. (I am in greater need of a garage)

sam

This was using emc2
    YouTube - EMC2 running Hermes engraver making PCB
    YouTube - EMC2 running hermes 450ipm 50in/s/s doublefreq
    YouTube - emc2 dry run of the 3d_chips test program (linuxcnc penguin)

Hey everyone,

I just acquired a Vanguard 5000 machine and am tinkering with getting it running. I know nothing about the machine itself, besides what I have read here about similar machines. It has a type of DOS based box that seems to be the motor control, but I really don't know too much more about it. I would like to do small machining and nameplates with it, but have to play with it first. ANY input is greatly appreciated.

ben

Hi,
    If you don't mind, I would greatly appreciate a copy of your schematic for the ep module. I have a 3400 too and sending through dos mode is kind of clunky. I could benefit by being able to g-code the machine through Mach3. Thanks much.
    [email protected]

NH 1219

Hi guys,

In my case I bought a NH1219 and the owner had junked the computer and all the electronics because it had stopped working and he could not find anyone who could look at it.

I traced the wiring for the DB25 connector, and connected it to a Rockcliff board (http://www.rockcliffmachine.com/electronics.htm) and added a 24 v power supply.

I have engraved a few signs with it but it is awkward and clumsy, not because of the new electronics, but because I have very little experience and the manuals are software manuals, not machine manuals.

I have about 25 cutters, some dull, many meant for huge letters. To try and find one size that can cut the fine letters yet still be useful on larger (1/2) letters is difficult. Setting zero is also difficult to get consistent results.

Using Mach 3 to control drives and several evals of software to create the g-code, which often has to be tweaked by hand.

John

Helo arnie

I'm begining to feel like a nusance but I found this message still on the forum and am wondering if you actually did what your last sentencd says? If you did could you please tell me what else would be required to make the machine operable again?

sandy

Quote Originally Posted by aminear View Post
    Stan,

If you open up the machine and see what kind of controller boards you have you could be in luck if they are similar to the older ones.

On mine I it consisted of a separate computer (an old dos machine) that ran the engraving software, it sends HPGL commands to the controller box (EP controller).

The EP controller box consisted of a standalone motherboard (PC style) with a plugin motion controller board that recieves the HPGL commands from the computer over a parallel port.

This motion controller then connects to a motor driver board through a 20pin ribbon cable.

The motor driver board is a standalone board, not plugged into the motherboard.

There is also a power supply board.

Older computers were so slow they could not calculate motion control commands and output a motor control pulse stream while taking care of other tasks like video all at the same time so they had to pass off movement commands to a separate controller that was dedicated to coordinating motion among the axis. Today with faster computers, that is not a problem, they are fast enough to do all these tasks.

On my machine (3400) the motherboard in the EP controller was toast. I tossed the mother board and the daughter board (motion controller).

Take a look at your system internals and determine if this is the same or similar to what you have. If so I was able to trace the circuit out on the motor driver board, build a schematic, then rewire the 20pin ribbon cable connection to hook the motor driver directly to my parallel port on a newer faster XP machine. Now I am running Mach3 software on an 800mhz computer outputting on the parallel port connected to the engraver motor driver board, engraving & 3D machining (with other software).

I can share what I have done, it is in Eagle's schematic format.

I am considering offering a premade parallel breakout board with the appropriate connectors, pullups & current limiting resistors prewired.

Arnie

nh 3400

Sandy,

Yes I do have a conversion I offer. It requires you to send me the EP controller. I charge $200 & return shipping cost.

I have done 4 of these so far.

Let me know if you are interested, [email protected]

Arnie

i would love to have that schematic, I have a new hermes vanguard 7000.....I moditied the spindle to accept a laminate router....would like to run g code but would rather cut directly from corel 12........I have no engraving software with machine....but I heard you could run it directly from corel for 2d cuts? is this sound reasonable?

Smile

Hi Guys,m

I realize this post has been up for awhile.
    Does anyone have a copy of this ep controller re-wire they'd be willing to share?
    If so, it'd be a great help.

[email protected]

Thanks,
    Roger

I too am looking for the schematic for the re wire. I am obtaining what is eithr a 7000 or a 9000. I do believe these to machines are essentially the same but the 9000 is just bigger. Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks in advance.

Jay
    [email protected]

i would really like to have that schematic, I have a new hermes vanguard 7000.....I modified the spindle to take a wood flooring wireless router....would like to run g value but would rather cut straight from corel 12........I have no inscribing application with device....but I observed you could run it straight from corel for 2d cuts? is this audio reasonable?. . .
    http://www.surfersrentacar.com.au/

I'm getting closer to running. Acquired different software/dongle.
    Still messing with the machine setup. Have something not quite right on my setup, x,y axis working fine...z not responding now.

Re: Hermes Vanguard 7200 Engraving machine

Did anyone ever end up having a breakout schematic for the 7000 machine? I ended up with one and figure I'd either interface it parallel to the existing stepper drivers my self or replace the drivers with a gecko 540 or perhaps dynomotion snap amp setup if I could not otherwise determin how to directly interface parallel port pulses to the exsiting drivers. As I read some where it suggests you could get away with that.

thanks.

b.

Can you run Gravostyle 98 on a win 7 computer?

My guess is probably not. What kind of machine do you have?

A New Hermes V7000

Quote Originally Posted by gary967 View Post
    Can you run Gravostyle 98 on a win 7 computer?

No, Gravostyle 98 is not compatible with win 7. You can only use it on a PC with serial port with Win 98, XP, Vista.
    I have used Gravostyle software, the higher version for Win 7, 8, 10.
    Let me know if you are interested.

Page 2 of 2 12