585,708 active members*
3,674 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Knee Vertical Mills > What is this handle ? Arix cnc60 mill

What is this handle ? Arix cnc60 mill

Hello I am a new cnc'er here and I am trying to get an Arix cnc60 up and running.On the front left side there is a handle that freely rotates with a locking nut and guage showing marks down to .02mm. Underneath is a roller ball sensor that rotates whenever the handle turns.
    Is this a Z axis back lash adjuster ? Is it also a manual z axis rotating arm that somehow lifts and lowers the deck ?

I have an operators and spare parts manual but there is nothing mentioned about the device at all.

Looking underneath the shaft runs at an angle towards the z axis ballscrew but it is hidden from view and visually obstructed by the internal casting.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks Phil Lucas
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20201123_154449.jpg   20201123_154443.jpg   20201123_154053.jpg  

Re: What is this handle ? Arix cnc60 mill

Quote Originally Posted by Tarakai View Post
    Hello I am a new cnc'er here and I am trying to get an Arix cnc60 up and running.On the front left side there is a handle that freely rotates with a locking nut and guage showing marks down to .02mm. Underneath is a roller ball sensor that rotates whenever the handle turns.
    Is this a Z axis back lash adjuster ? Is it also a manual z axis rotating arm that somehow lifts and lowers the deck ?

I have an operators and spare parts manual but there is nothing mentioned about the device at all.

Looking underneath the shaft runs at an angle towards the z axis ballscrew but it is hidden from view and visually obstructed by the internal casting.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks Phil Lucas
    ...invisible ? your Attachment did not show up

Apologies... jpeg attached. I don't know why it didn't appear when I attached it last time. The Image is on its side. I have since found that by fully unscrewing the rotating indicator anti-clockwise and by pulling back on the axis of the handle, the handle engages the shaft and allows me to manually lift and lower the deck. I presume the guage is just a fine height adjustment.

I have also managed to sort the 3 phase input from the RPC, power up control systems and raise/lower the deck by motor. I think the objective is to get the deck height approximately correct for the size of the work. The quill max z movement is only 150mm. I am still trying to understand why there is a feedback (roller ball) sensor that rotates when the dial guage is rotated.

...safety switch. disables the power feed when Hand Crank is engaged.