585,727 active members*
4,052 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Anyone near Singleton/Maitland who can help ?

Hi
    I am new machinist setting up an Arix cnc60 mill and was wondering if anyone who is familiar with cnc knee mills would be able to get me going with the machine. I am happy to pay for your time for an introduction to point out a few things. I have had start up errors that I have worked through and I am currently dealing with power supply issues. I have an operators manual and spare parts manual but these are sadly lacking in any detail.

My main challenge is that I have only a single phase supply that runs through an 8kw rotary phase converter. The voltage from the RPC phase to phase is quite unbalanced and I will have to run a genset for the minute or rewire and try to split the phases to run off the phase that offers the correct voltage. I dont think the VFD that controls the spindle (5HP) is going to see such a mismatch of voltage between phases so I will have to test for this.

I realise this power issue will take some time to solve but my main point is there are a number of controls on the machine that I am unfamiliar with and there is a lot of informationthat an experienced CNCer would point out to me.
    I hope someone can help.

regards

Phil Lucas
    lambs Valley
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20201123_154053.jpg