584,842 active members*
4,184 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Chinese Machines > Strange sound from the spindle and freezing of the machine!

Strange sound from the spindle and freezing of the machine!

Good day! I have a CNCest 6040 Chinese 4 axis machine. I have been using it for a month now. There were problems. The spindle accelerates and starts to emit a strange squeaking sound similar to connecting old dial-up modems. It doesn't seem to affect the work. But still I'm afraid that the spindle may fail. The second problem: the CNC stops at the moment of work, freezes, then continues to work. When it freezes for more than a second, it skips steps and continues to malfunction. I do not know how I can determine the problem in the mach3 or in the controller. Earlier, I will unsubscribe that I changed the settings in the pins and ports directory in mach3, removed the low voltage checkboxes for stepper motors. I did this because the machine was losing steps and was constantly zeroing on the z-axis. By checking these boxes, the loss of steps stopped, but the above problems began. I attach a photo of the controller and drivers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 12.jpg   unnamed.jpg   619JvIVV+hL._AC_SL1500_.jpg   1-1.jpg  

Re: Strange sound from the spindle and freezing of the machine!

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas91 View Post
    Good day! I have a CNCest 6040 Chinese 4 axis machine. I have been using it for a month now. There were problems. The spindle accelerates and starts to emit a strange squeaking sound similar to connecting old dial-up modems. It doesn't seem to affect the work. But still I'm afraid that the spindle may fail. The second problem: the CNC stops at the moment of work, freezes, then continues to work. When it freezes for more than a second, it skips steps and continues to malfunction. I do not know how I can determine the problem in the mach3 or in the controller. Earlier, I will unsubscribe that I changed the settings in the pins and ports directory in mach3, removed the low voltage checkboxes for stepper motors. I did this because the machine was losing steps and was constantly zeroing on the z-axis. By checking these boxes, the loss of steps stopped, but the above problems began. I attach a photo of the controller and drivers.
    Run the machine without the spindle running and see if everything works how it should, it sounds like the spindle is not programed correct and also not wired correct, the noise could be the carrier frequency set too high

The wiring problem would be the cable from the VFD Drive to the spindle and all the Grounding of your machine electrical cabinet
    Mactec54

Thanks for the answer! I will try to start the cnc tomorrow without a working spindle and will answer you as soon as I can. There are no problems with grounding, since I ground both the voltage converter and the control box. Yes, I forgot to mention that my machine is connected via a voltage converter - 220 to 110 volts 5000 volts amperes. It not only converts but also stabilizes the voltage. Could there be a problem that the voltage in the network is constantly jumping, and the converter-stabilizer does not keep up with normalizing? A couple of days ago, my fuse burned out, I replaced it. I will attach a photo of the stabilizer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20201020_233242.jpg  

Thanks for the answer! I will try to start the cnc tomorrow without a working spindle and will answer you as soon as I can. There are no problems with grounding, since I ground both the voltage converter and the control box. Yes, I forgot to mention that my machine is connected via a voltage converter - 220 to 110 volts 5000 volts amperes. It not only converts but also stabilizes the voltage. Could there be a problem that the voltage in the network is constantly jumping, and the converter-stabilizer does not keep up with normalizing? A couple of days ago, my fuse burned out, I replaced it. I will attach a photo of the stabilizer.
    No attachments, they may be to big they can be resized so you can upload them

What size spindle is your machine using ???

You mean you are running your machine from a 120v supply and have a step up transformer to 240v so if you need 10A @ 240v you will need 20A at 120v
    Mactec54

"No attachments, they may be to big they can be resized so you can upload them"
    Do you mean the attached image is not displayed? It seems that I was able to load my pictures are displayed.

With regards to the spindle: gdz-80-1.5 110v. I attach a photo.

And also at the expense of power supply. My voltage converter lowers the current and does not increase it. That is, I live in the European zone and I have 220 volts from the mains. I need to lower it to 110. As for the amperage ... I do not know how many amperes are required for the correct operation of the box control and the machine as a whole, and how much my voltage converter gives out. I will look for this information.

I ran some tests with the spindle off (non-rotating). There were no stops or freezes. Then I changed the spindle setting in the ports and pins settings window. I went to the Motor Outputs tab there and unchecked the Step low active (see photo). After that, the engine seemed to stop emitting strange whistling noises and seemed to stop freezing. But I'll do some more tests. Thanks to your advice, it became clear that the matter is in the spindle settings. I'll unsubscribe by conducting tests, since I'm not sure yet that the problem has been completely fixed
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot_17.jpg   Screenshot_16.jpg  

"No attachments, they may be to big they can be resized so you can upload them"
    Do you mean the attached image is not displayed? It seems that I was able to load my pictures are displayed.

With regards to the spindle: gdz-80-1.5 110v. I attach a photo.

And also at the expense of power supply. My voltage converter lowers the current and does not increase it. That is, I live in the European zone and I have 220 volts from the mains. I need to lower it to 110. As for the amperage ... I do not know how many amperes are required for the correct operation of the box control and the machine as a whole, and how much my voltage converter gives out. I will look for this information.

I ran some tests with the spindle off (non-rotating). There were no stops or freezes. Then I changed the spindle setting in the ports and pins settings window. I went to the Motor Outputs tab there and unchecked the Step low active (see photo). After that, the engine seemed to stop emitting strange whistling noises and seemed to stop freezing. But I'll do some more tests. Thanks to your advice, it became clear that the matter is in the spindle settings. I'll unsubscribe by conducting tests, since I'm not sure yet that the problem has been completely fixed
    Yes still no photos attached

Yes you have an EMI noise problem doing the test tells us this, and yes it won't go away without wiring correction, most of these machines are poorly Grounded in the cabinet this is a good starting point, and do not have the correct cable from the spindle to the VFD Drive
    Mactec54

Good afternoon! I have good news! The problem was resolved as soon as I unchecked the Low spindle voltage checkbox This noise stopped. Freezes have also disappeared! And this is great!

With regards to photos ... can I send links to photos uploaded to google drive? This is so for the future, I would like to know that images are visible in my posts.

Thank you very much if not for your advice, I would not have come across a solution to the problem!

Good afternoon! I have good news! The problem was resolved as soon as I unchecked the Low spindle voltage checkbox This noise stopped. Freezes have also disappeared! And this is great!

With regards to photos ... can I send links to photos uploaded to google drive? This is so for the future, I would like to know that images are visible in my posts.

Thank you very much if not for your advice, I would not have come across a solution to the problem!
    Yes looking at the Ports and Pins the spindle setup did not look right

For adding Photos etc. when you hit Reply or Reply with a Quote you then use Go Advanced, then you then scroll down and use Manage Attachments this is how you attach photos or PDF files or what ever you want to attach

Yes you can use links to google drive, but it is best to attach right here in your post
    Mactec54

Jangermann 04:27 PM Today
    I also have that problem, and it will lose steps. I found out that it can do it in mid air.
    It is not a mechanical problem or stepper driver problem.

It is a USB and noice problem.

If you start "air" engraving and power lights on/off several times or start/stop your water cooler, aircompressor or vacuum cleaner, just try to make some electrical noice, you will hear the CNC skip steps at some point.
    You will also see MACH3 stop sending gcode for a while when it happen.

I solved the problem using a small 3 port USB hub between the controller and my PC. I guess it isolated noice in the USB cable.

I found that this problem can still arise from power surges. Tomorrow I will check the USB port, try to create noise I want to eliminate all possible causes of the occurrence

It's very strange, I attached images in this way ... exactly as you explained